|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
We're here for the makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
In this role you will lead a team of technology professionals to build and maintain exciting experiences for our customers and team members. This role is responsible for developing and driving information technology strategies across the organization critical for cost-effective operations and long-term strategic success.
The ideal candidate will be highly ambitious, be able to think big, bringing new ideas and solutions, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will be strong people leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of developing teams and delivering results.
Strategy and Vision
- Create and implement the technology vision, strategy and roadmap for an assigned functional area to drive Michaels technology strategic initiatives.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, building and maintaining relationships with business partners to develop a clear understanding of overall business and technology strategy.
- Develop and control annual operating and capital expenditure budget for functional team.
- Oversee execution of systems strategies to support business goals.
- Provide input, with ability to dive deep into technical details as required
- Have a high level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Ensure scalability and performance metrics are achieved
- Serve as a change agent for customers and ensure work activities benefit customers
- Responsible for leadership of a technology team, assigning clear tasks and objectives, and establishing KPI measurables for monitoring results.
- Responsible for working with HR Partner to develop the talent strategy and people development for the technology organization.
- Provides leadership and coaching to team to drive innovation and to identify opportunities in building the business
- Responsible for the development and engagement of team members by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes and rewards strong performance.
- Hire and lead technology talent responsible for delivering growth related initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
Other duties as assigned
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Experience with large scale web traffic and data structures, Algorithms, Linear Algebra.
- Knowledge of major programming languages, i.e. Java, Python, C, C++, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
- Experience in building search systems such as Elastic, SORL, Lucene, Algolia and large-scale data pipelines
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in machine learning/computer vision/natural language processing applications
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 15 or more years experience driving technologically enabled growth, both consumer facing and internal operational excellence.
- 4+ years leading engineering teams with growing responsibility
- Ability to think strategically about technology and how to incorporate it into the business units and processes to increase efficiencies.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Ability to drive organizational change and lead IT transformational initiatives in a complex and dynamic environment, utilizing project management techniques.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, and retain high quality Technology talent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Check out our EEO policy www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf [eeoc.gov