|Date Posted||October 28, 2021|
The VP, Artificial Intelligence (AI) will help Company coordinate and manage the CTO AI roadmap, aligning marketplace opportunities to Company business objectives. The VP, Artificial Intelligence will also help Company capitalize on this rapidly changing technology environment by working with the business and technology teams to explore, evaluate and deploy AI capabilities ensuring a cohesive and comprehensive Artificial Intelligence strategy.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. We 're proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Work alongside multiple departments to streamline AI efforts driving transformation across environment.
- Working with senior leadership and business teams to evaluate AI technologies including, but not limited to, Natural Language Processing/Understanding, Machine Learning and Voice capabilities to align to SYF business needs.
- Work closely with (often embedded in) the development teams to provide AI architecture services, including solution idealization, business value assessment, architecture design and leverage ensuring overall alignment to strategy.
- Develop and champion AI community ensuring a cohesive approach to AI leveraging technology and resources across the environment with a goal of accelerating AI deployment including, but not limited to Intelligent Virtual Agent capabilities , Intelligent Automation and Machine Learning.
- Lead and drive overall success of the Intelligent Automation Center of Excellence
- Forecast staffing and resource (infrastructure, license, etc.) needs as the AI needs grows.
- Ensure comprehensive communication approach for AI opportunity engagement and deployment ensuring efficiency and alignment to strategy.
- Lead communication and ensure successful cadences driving knowledge sharing and best practices for AI initiatives.
- Engage and help educate stakeholders and process owners in re-imaging processes utilizing AI and automation technologies to create efficiency, avoid unnecessary costs, reduce/minimize human errors as well as reduce the mundane work
- Develop and routinize best in class processes AI support in the organization
- Provide leadership to ensure adherence with all external and internal Compliance and Regulatory requirements; including governance framework(s) with AI usage.
- Lead Proof of Concepts and Proof of Values with AI Tools and technologies
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal and external key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor 's degree Computer Science advanced education in decision sciences/mathematics or related is strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years ' experience in software development preferably for Financial Services or FinTech
- Minimum 3 years ' experience in deploying AI capabilities in an enterprise technology environment, preferably for Financial Services.
- Expert level AI capabilities such as Natural Language Processing/Understanding, Machine Learning and Intelligent Automation (Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Character Recognition, etc).
- Experience at expert level in agile software development.
- Strong knowledge in architecture disciplines and working with Analytics, Big Data and Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated understanding of AI: Cognitive Computing (Deep Q&A) / Large Scale Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Experience in Real-time Natural Language Processing / Audio & Speech Analytics
- Experience with Neuromorphic Computing, Collaborative Systems, Computer Vision / IoT / Robotics, Game Theory
- Business acumen in financial services, retail banking and credit card processing is highly desirable
- Skills in concept visualization, communication to both technical and general audience
- Strong executive presence and communications skills.
- Excellent change management skills.
- Experience influencing internal and external decision-makers.
- Demonstrated success leading a team with proven track record of delivering results.
- Excellent people leadership skills and a proven track record of developing high potential talent.
- Self-starter, high level of motivation and ability to work well independently as well as motivate and energize teams.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months ' time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months ' time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a 'consistently meets expectations ' performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don 't meet the time in position or performance requirement).