|Published||June 21, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence (Virtual) and leader to join our advanced capabilities team. This position requires a deep understanding of DevSecOps, computer architectures, and core AI concepts (machine learning, neural networks, deep learning, etc.). As a key technical leader on the advanced capabilities team, you will work to deliver safety-critical AI capabilities for use across the Boeing Company. This position requires the candidate to have a full-stack mindset and be involved in continuous improvement of the software development environment, tools, and products utilized by the advanced capabilities development team.
This position does NOT require candidates to be based out of the following locations: Berkeley MO, North Charleston SC, Huntington Beach CA, Seal Beach CA, Long Beach CA, El Segundo CA, Mesa AZ, Oklahoma City OK, Huntsville AL, Plano TX, San Antonio TX, Herndon VA, Colorado Springs CO, Ridley Park PA, or Chicago IL.
- Ownership of the SW architectures across the AI solutions delivered from the organization
- Development, enforcement, and ownership of the AI solutions utilized throughout the origination
- Selection of standard AI architectures to be utilized across the organization
- Mentoring of lower level AI software engineers to aid in their career growth
- Oversight and review of AI software products design
- Contribute to the Risks, Issues & Opportunities tracked by the organization
- Development of AI roadmaps that align to the broader vision of the origination
- Collaboration with the leadership team on overall strategy
- Foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and comfortable working through ambiguity as required
- Ability & willingness to embrace change & ambiguity
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Mesa, Arizona.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) software development
- 2+ years of experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) hardware and software integration
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with open source projects and collaborations
- Experience with configuration management of diverse systems
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with AI systems and their limitations
- Experience with Product-Line Engineering
- Experience with mission/safety critical systems
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience developing of Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range (min-max): $110,000 - $200,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. - provided by Dice