|Published||May 14, 2023|
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$130,600.00 - $215,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?
As a member of Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you'll be joining a strategic and collaborative team that is passionate about transforming our business and technology capabilities and paving the way for best-in-class solutions.
As a Senior Architect supporting Claim, you will collaborate with senior Technology and Business leaders and apply your knowledge of modern technology to influence and innovate solutions that impact the business. In this role we will look to you to:
* Design the next generation of artificial intelligence and machine learning architecture that enables Claims business vision
* Partner with other architects and engineers to develop AI/ML strategies, reference architectures, and patterns for advanced analytics platforms, machine learning and artificial intelligence using a combination of deep technical skills, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills
* Keep up with technology trends and identify new opportunities of technologies & solutions
Let us help you accelerate your career as we grow our team and transform our business!
What Will You Do?
* Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Claim Technology business unit
* Lead architecture engagements to define, refine and analyze technology solutions supporting the full life cycle of AI/ML models implementations
* Create a strong partnership with cross-functional teams including information architects, software and data engineers, data scientists in the identification, design, prototyping and selection of AI/ML solutions needed to deliver business value
* Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team to develop AI/ML strategies, reference architectures, and patterns for advanced analytics platforms, machine learning and artificial intelligence
* Continuously evaluate and recommend best technologies for implementation of AI/ML solutions
* Educate executive decision makers, data science leaders and practitioners on practical implications of modern AI solutions around scalability, security and responsible use of AI
* Be a thought leader and proponent of innovative use of AI and ML solutions
* Works with the Senior leadership within Technology and Business to develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business imperatives
* Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
* Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
* Create a partnership with Senior Software Engineering
* Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
* Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
* Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
* Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
* Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
* Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
* Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
* Prepares and delivers comprehensive communications to convey architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise strategy
* Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits best talent
* Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
* Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 5+ years of technology Architecture experience
* Exposure and understanding of advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
* Hands on experience with data technologies on cloud
* Strong proven Software Engineering experience
* Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
* Current deep experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
* Experienced with large scale technology platforms
* Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
* Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
* Provided mentorship to architects
* Organizational and transformational experience in an agile operating model
* Establishes strategic technology direction and architecture vision for an organization
* Developed technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
* Proven track record of influencing senior leadership
* Insurance technology experience
* Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
* Innovation and Continuous Improvement
* Must be passionate about technology transformations
* Good understanding of security
What is a Must Have?
* Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
* Six years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture within a line of business or enterprise area
What Is in It for You?
* Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
* Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
* Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
* Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
* Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.