|Published||November 10, 2022|
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
MITRE's Collaboration and Social Computing Department is seeking a Lead Software Engineer experienced with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) concepts and tools. In this position, the ideal candidate will use their advanced technical skills and leadership ability to help solve tough collaboration and social computing problems for a wide variety of sponsors and help MITRE achieve its goal of a safer world. The successful candidate will:
* Lead software engineering teams in the architecture and implementation of solutions to solve challenging collaboration and social computing problems in domains such as healthcare, intelligence, and defense
* Develop and use modern software engineering techniques to integrate AI/ML algorithms into conceptual prototypes
* Stay up-to-date on advances within the Al field, both in industry and academia
* Demonstrate technical proficiency and leadership in producing software solutions that address sponsor requirements and needs
* Establish and maintain trusted relationships with MITRE customers in order to understand their missions, domains and challenges
* Assume responsibility for deliverables including definition, completion, and technical quality, as well as assuring consistency
* Have expertise in industry standard best practices for software design, implementation, testing, and documentation
* Mentor and recommend training for department members in Al techniques that are useful for advanced collaboration and social computing systems
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, including specialization in an Al-related field of study, or related job experience
* 8+ years experience with programming languages such as Python and C++ including hands on proficiency using Al frameworks.
* Strong fundamentals in software engineering, object-oriented programming, web application development, and software architecture
* Demonstrated success using Al frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, AWS Machine Learning or Keras.
* Proven ability to work independently to learn new technologies, techniques, processes, languages, platforms, systems.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts comparable to those obtained with a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study.
* Advanced degrees in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
* Understanding of Deep Neural Networks (DNNs) and Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
* Qualified candidates holding an active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance are preferred.
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Copyright 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here