|Date Posted||October 3, 2021|
Facebook is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to join Facebook AI Research, a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics, particularly including areas such as deep learning, graphical models, reinforcement learning, computer perception, natural language processing and data representation. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology to make computers more intelligent. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Science or similar
- Publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data from varying sources
- Experience communicating research
- Coding experience in C++, Java or other similar language
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].