|Published||November 5, 2022|
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- This position serves as the overall Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of Machine Learning.
- This person is responsible for leading a team of engineers in translating AI/ML research and development efforts into production-ready, commercially viable systems serving internal and external stakeholders.
- This person will establish a team of AI/ML engineers who will be engaged in the Development, Testing, Deployment, and support of ADT Commercial’s ML initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train and test deep neural networks for image classification, object detection, video understanding, multi-modal classification, and other tasks.
- Write custom C++/CUDA modules and adapting existing network/algorithms to meet technical specifications and deployment constraints for the project.
- Produce novel research ideas and publish papers.
- Build the backend and/or edge infrastructure to scale our training and inference workload, including training pipelines, evaluation, and model deployment.
- Stay connected to industry and the state-of-the-art academic research, as well as identifying and adopting novel technologies that suits ADT Commercial's needs.
- Collaborate with application & product engineers in defining data needs, validation of solutions against real-world application benchmarks, quality and robustness checks and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and continuously deploy models hosted in complex cloud architectures
- Adapt network architectures and implementations to match supported instruction sets for mobile/edge devices (e.g. energy efficient mobile ARM based processor).
- Set up simulation environments (e.g. Unreal 4) to generate synthetic training data.
- Build a scalable team of Engineers to develop, deploy and support AI/ML products and offerings.
- Provide technical support and platform integration strategies for integrating client specific platforms and applications.
- Provide technical services and support for the ADT Product Team in product reviews and assessments.
- Perform technical deep dives into products, applications and services that can bring value to the ADT Commercial offering.
- Provide technical documentation, briefings, reports and related specific literature for both internal and external readers.
- Drive development of systems, tools, and processes to monitor models in production for compliance, technical debt, versioning, traceability and auditability.
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the ADT Commercial Competencies that are foundational expectations for all employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Master’s Degree (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Vision, or Robotics technical capacity or the equivalent in work experience is desirable.
2. 8+ years working in a technical capacity in both software and hardware or the equivalent in work/education experience is desirable.
3. Direct experience in developing and deploying ML based solutions.
4. Solid knowledge of algorithms, data structure background, as well as deep learning and computer vision skills and probability/mathematical understanding of various deep learning approaches.
5. Extensive knowledge and applied experience in 3D computer vision and multi-view geometry.
6. Experience in designing, training, and tuning deep neural networks for computer vision tasks using Numpy, PyTorch, PyTorch Lightning and/or related libraries.
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to break a complex problem down into manageable sized sections to facilitate troubleshooting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and substantial experience in Networking, MS Operating Systems, MS Office to include Visio and Projects, programmable application software and MS SQL Server. They must also be able to recognize the dynamic nature of software and hardware and must continually adjust their skill set to new technologies as they become important to the success of the Company.
This position will perform supervisory duties as required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
- Up to 30% travel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
The AI engineering group translates state-of-the-art AI models into production-ready, performant tools. These experts optimize expensive AI models to reduce costs and processing time and develop the high-performance application systems to run the models efficiently (both in the cloud and through on-premise edge devices). In other words, the AI engineering converts the AI R&D group’s innovative models and algorithms into practical, commercially viable and valuable applications.
Roles & Requirements
- Manager, AI Engineering
- Education: MS (required), PhD (preferred)
- Examples: - Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Senior Data Engineer - Machine Learning
- ML Engineer
- Education: MS (required), PhD (preferred)
- Examples: - Applied Machine Learning Engineer
- Media Engineer
- Education: BS, MS (preferred)
- Examples: - Media Streaming Engineer
- ML Edge/On-Device Engineer
- Education: BS, MS (preferred)
- Examples: - AI/ML Senior Software Engineer - On-Device Machine Learning