|Date Posted||November 29, 2021|
A diversified ocean engineering company is looking for a Machine Learning/AI Software Engineer to come join there growing team!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Julie Massey
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
A diversified ocean engineering company is looking for a Machine Learning/AI Software Engineer to come join there growing team! The company has developed a broad spectrum of engineering expertise and provides services in research and development, design, construction engineering support, construction management, testing, and systems analysis, cable lay planning, analysis and support and other diverse operations in the marine field.
Why join us?
This company has developed a unique and powerful culture where creativity, intelligence, hard work, and independence are celebrated. These values are tempered with respect, humility, flexibility, and an open, cooperative demeanor. Their engineers truly love working here and they feel as though they are part of a carefully selected team of only the very best engineers.
We have about 30 employees, with 25 engineers who hold advanced degrees and experience in mechanical or civil engineering, computer science, physical oceanography, physics, and chemistry. We are seeking engineers who want to be the best at what they do. Here you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions that advance the state-of-the-art of your profession.
The company is looking for a Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence (ML/ AI) Software Engineer with a strong background in ML/AI algorithm development and utilization. Candidates should have interest and experience in solving real world problems via ML/ AI software development. This candidate will have the opportunity to shape the future of the world’s #1 subsea cable modeling software, as well as take on challenging problems in our subsea technologies group that may include processing of large datasets, machine vision, object identification, classification, tracking, autonomation, and more. The chosen candidate will immediately start working on Navy and DARPA projects with ML components.
Candidates should be self-starters with the ability to take a project from inception to usable software prototype or product. The candidates should have strong programming skills to perform in-house development of ML/ AI software algorithms, and be able to use existing ML/ AI algorithm databases.
This is a permanent, full-time position in Waimanalo, Hawaii. Remote work will be considered for this position.
- Develop and apply ML/ AI algorithms for marine systems
- Interface AI/ ML algorithms with in-house, 3rd party, and Government systems
- Write, edit and review Technical Reports and test results in clear, concise language
- Provide input to technical proposals seeking future research and development funding
- Possession of a technical degree (B.S. or M.S.) in any engineering or related field is required
- Candidates with an M.S. degree shall have 2 years’ professional experience, and candidates with a B.S. shall have 5 years’ professional experience as a software engineer or data scientist working with ML/AI algorithms
- Strong computer programming skills in Python, .NET, or C++
- Ability to learn other computer programming skills
- Ability to communicate concepts to team members or clients
- Willingness and ability to obtain a Department of Defense Security Clearance; persons with clearances that are active or were previously held and currently in good standing are preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.