|Published||November 12, 2022|
Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, it remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power. And with your help, we can do it.
From technology built and proven at Fred Hutch, Ozette is creating a revolutionary immune profiling platform to turn data into actionable insights. Our software is integral to our mission and enhancing insights by 10x in volume and resolution-scientists, clinicians and our teams-will accelerate breakthroughs to drive better patient outcomes.
Ozette's collaborative platform enables unprecedented transparency and reproducibility through its version-controlled analysis pipeline. It is built on Typescript and React/RecoilJS and our backend APIs are written in Python/Flask, primarily, with most data stored in PostgreSQL and S3.
Our founders are leading experts in data science and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen's Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital. If you're passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore joining our innovative, creative team. Recognizing that the best candidates do not always match all criteria of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for the role and are inspired by our mission.
What you'll do at Ozette:
- Driven by scientific and business needs, leverage Ozette's single cell data corpus to develop and implement innovative ML/AI models to improve Ozette's single cell platform.
- Use data-driven metrics to benchmark and evaluate Ozette's models against existing solutions.
- Work with Ozette's multidisciplinary team to understand customer, technical, and business needs driving AI/ML projects.
- Clearly and articulately communicate scientific findings to teams both inside and outside the organization at conferences and via scientific publications.
- Exercise your vision for a growing AI/ML team moving projects from ideation to implementation and production in an interdisciplinary environment.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- PhD in deep learning, machine learning or related field with emphasis on deep learning and ML, or an MSc + 4 years relevant experience; e.g. building and training novel deep learning models, or developing new architectures.
- Familiarity with common deep learning frameworks for rapid prototyping.
- A track record of scientific publication(s) in the AI/ML field.
- A background in statistics or biostatistics preferred.
- Experience working with biological data sets and solving computational problems in the life sciences.
Why you will love working here:
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its products and services, high standards, employee development and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive to give you everything you need to thrive at work and beyond. We offer full benefits, hybrid office schedule with many employees opting for full-time remote, honor all 11 federal holidays + an additional extra day off for every holiday, plan company wide respites during Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years, and offer a 'take what you need' vacation policy.
As an early stage employee you will help set standards and mental models that set foundations for the future, be they product, culture, or operations related. Exercise your skills across a breadth of responsibilities and evolve your role as the company grows. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant user experience.
Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.