Imaging Scientist, Artificial Intelligence
|Published||April 1, 2023|
|Location||West Menlo Park, CA|
Job Description Summary
The Imaging Scientist, AI position serves a key technical role within the Imaging research & development team of a world-leading medical imaging manufacturer to develop new imaging methods and workflows leveraging artificial intelligence for the next-generation of imaging products. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with academic technical and clinical partners to develop and test new approaches, and work with a team of GE scientists and engineers to design solutions that can be readily integrated into deployable product frameworks to serve patients around the world.
GE HealthCare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
* Transform a model from research to production and ability to fine-tune model performance in a production setting using adaptive/incremental machine learning techniques
* Combine knowledge of imaging, engineering, and clinical needs to design and develop new intelligent capabilities leveraging automation and AI to improve the speed, quality, and consistency, and clinical impact of imaging workflows - from patient setup, data acquisition and reconstruction to image analysis and interpretation.
* Serve as GE technical lead on collaborative projects with academic partners on artificial intelligence and related fields to generate results that are in alignment with GE goals
* Develop new features as prototypes and deploy to external collaborators following GE design controls processes
* Work with an inter-disciplinary GE team to translate promising prototypes into product readiness and lead technical/clinical risk retirement towards new product introduction
* Conduct original research resulting in patent applications and scientific publications
* Effectively communicate technical analyses, results, and ideas to GE leaders
* Identify industry and academic trends in the areas of machine learning research and new applications of ML relevant to GE
* Master's Degree in an engineering or science field such as Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math or Physics
* Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (Medical Imaging, Image Processing application development preferred) applying theoretical or experiential knowledge to solve real world problems
* Demonstrated experience in research and development as evidenced by publication record
* Foundation in theories underlying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
* Proficient in building, deploying and tuning AI models for multi-language natural language processing (NLP)
* Foundation in theories underlying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques including conventional machine learning (classification, regression, segmentation, clustering, etc), deep learning (CNN, RNN), natural language processing (NLP), and time series analysis
* Strong statistical analysis ability
* Experience in data exploring analysis with SQL or Pandas
* Experience in developing machine learning applications using common SDKs (TensorFlow, Keras, etc) with modern programming languages e.g. Python, R, Scala, Java, MATLAB etc.
* Experience in C++ programming and Object Oriented Programming Concepts.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to contribute to a common purpose
* Can-do attitude, self-driven, flexible, intellectually curious, willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges to meet business goals
* Excellent English language communication skills
* Ph.D. Degree in an engineering or science field such as Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math or Physics.
* Familiarity with large data sets, open source practices and frameworks and experience in putting intelligent applications in production are desirable.
* Experience working with C++ and Python IDEs - e.g. : Eclipse, Visual Studio, XCode & PyCharm
* Strong experience with source control tools (Perforce & Git)
* Experience with High Performance Compute or GPU technologies
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership -always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you'd expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you'll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
The salary range for this position is $119,600.00 - $179,400.00 USD Annual . The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
While GE HealthCare does not currently require U.S. employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, some GE HealthCare customers have vaccination mandates that may apply to certain GE HealthCare employees.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes