|Date Posted||November 18, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Consumer Lending Technology
The Consumer Lending Technology (CLT) group executes the Wells Fargo Technology strategy and offers a strategic technology perspective to the lines of business (LOBs) we support. These LOBs include Auto; Card, Retail & Merchant Services; Home Lending; and Personal Loans within Consumer Lending. Our teams provide technology solutions to the LOBs and manage the application portfolios through the enablers of skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and satisfaction.
The head of Intelligence Automation for Consumer Lending Technology will define strategic roadmaps for developing and implementing an innovative and compelling vision and strategy for the future of the Automation organization, including intelligent automation (IA), machine learning (ML) and digitization to meet organizational objectives. The role is also responsible for integrating automation into technology modernization strategies. The role will also closely partner with Consumer Lending Shared Services (CLSS) organization on improving efficiency, customer experience and/or control through the automation of business process across Consumer Lending. This is a high-profile role that is expected to significantly contribute to Wells Fargo overall automation strategy and Consumer Lending Transformation and efficiency goals by delivering, maintaining, and supporting IA solutions.
The role will also partner with IA technology teams across Wells Fargo to drive consistent and wide-spread adoption of automation technologies in the firm. The role will also collaborate across Consumer Lending and firm-wide architecture, engineering, and other technology functions to ensure solutions scale, advocate and drive simplification of consumption and automation around new platforms. The position requires strong IA technology skills as well as communication and leadership skills in order to deliver best-in-class IA solutions, manage multiple stakeholders to define roadmaps, and track return on investment and efficiency outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Consumer Lending Shared Services – Intelligent Automation on implementation and management of intelligent automation solutions to automate business processes within Consumer Lending.
- Develop and execute a multiyear technology automation strategy supporting the full range of business products, data and operations as well as technology processes, SDLC and platform stability & resilience.
- Lead and manage a group of managers, engineers and represent the automation engineering function to other partner groups across Well Fargo Technology, Consumer Lending, Operations, and Enterprise Risk & Controls, etc.
- Drive Agile Transformation in the Automation organization by defining and adhering to product architecture, excelling at Agile execution, and instilling Agile mindset throughout the organization.
- Coach, motivate, develop, recognize, and mentor the engineering staff. Provide mentorship while developing future leaders.
- Develop and nurture core competencies of the automation SMEs to ensure technical capabilities are built and that knowledge and experience are maintained.
- Foster automation culture in Consumer Lending and across Wells Fargo.
- Stay on top of technology automation trends and benchmarks in the industry. Benchmark against peers so Wells Fargo Consumer Lending consistently occupies leadership position in the industry.
- Provide guidance, oversight, and resources in various stages of the engineering project lifecycle from conceptual design, detailed design, specification, implementation, trouble-shooting and continuous improvement of automation.
- Assess, analyze, advise, propose, and direct improvements that will deliver greater productivity, capacity, reliability, and compliance of automations.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of technology engineering experience
- 6+ years of leadership and people management experience in a technology environment
- 5+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 5+ years of experience leading technology focused organizations in Intelligent Automation (IA) space
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of UiPath Robotic Process Automation (RPA) development experience
- 3+ years experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), PDF extraction & comparison, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML), python integration and/or other industry tool sets
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading technology focused organizations in Intelligent Automation space.
- 5+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
- 3+ years experience with OCR, PDF extraction & comparison, AI/ML, python integration and/or other industry tool sets
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of professionals, both internal and external.
- Strong skills to work in matrix organization with excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Proven track records of delivering strong business results through automation solutions.
- Deep technical expertise in relevant fields such as Intelligence Automation, RPA, application of AI/ML, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Experience leading organizational wide expense initiatives.
- Working knowledge of organizational and product transformation leveraging Agile practices and Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
- Experience working within risk, regulatory, compliance and audit requirements
- Strong understanding and experience leading or partnering with business architecture and process improvement functions.
- Track record of executing with Excellence and organizational Empowerment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.