|Published||November 13, 2022|
Artificial Intelligence Technology (Group 01)
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technology Group develops fundamental, cross-cutting and enabling AI technologies to solve complex challenges and advance AI for the nation. In close collaboration with the academic community, especially MIT, our research team is working at the frontier in AI research.
Group 01 is seeking a Business Manager to lead the financial and administrative operations for the Group. Core responsibilities will include the development, analysis, and reporting on program plans for a diverse funding portfolio, which includes DoD, non-DoD, Off-Contract, and internal funding sources.
The successful candidate will be a highly engaged self-starter that can work both cooperatively and independently and is able to build relationships and communicate effectively with Group management, technical leads, sponsor representatives, and all Laboratory functional areas. As Group 01 works under the direction of the Technology Office (TO), the successful candidate will work closely with the TO Business Manager.
Specific Responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare and compile required documentation for potential new funding sources, to include cost estimating and labor planning.
- Serve as sponsor liaison for any financial and/or contractual related inquiries.
- Work with Group management and technical leads to develop accurate spend and labor plans.
- Coordinate and manage the Group’s collaborations with other Groups and Divisions across the Laboratory.
- Develop and monitor variance reports for spend plan versus actual cost for programs on a regular basis and track monthly labor, purchases, and travel expenses for all projects. Analyze any variances and make recommendations to Group leadership to correct, as needed.
- Support the Technology Office and its Business Manager as needed, particularly during the development of the next year's portfolio and the close of the fiscal year.
- Serve as financial interface with MIT campus for joint projects.
- Collaborate with technical leads and serve as the Group’s liaison with the Contracting Services Department (CSD), to include reviewing and editing all required contractual documentation.
- Support the Group office and employees in matters related to recruiting and employment; provide guidance, information and/or referrals to HR related to application of personnel policies and administrative procedures.
- BS in finance or related field is required, MBA desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in budget development and administration, preferably in a technical environment supporting multiple persons and projects.
- A solid understanding of financial and government processes with strong analytical and estimating techniques is required.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with standard financial management tools are required.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills is required.
- Project management experience and/or formal project management training is desired.
- Experience managing complex procurements and working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is desired.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system is desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance required.
For Benefits Information, click hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
To safeguard our health and well-being, MIT Lincoln Laboratory requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reason.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 39123