|January 24, 2024
Work from home (Pennsylvania)
Days (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Responsible for leading the organization's enterprise artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science initiatives to improve clinical and operational outcomes. In collaboration with leaders across Geisinger's clinical enterprise and health plan, the incumbent will oversee AI initiatives using commercial and locally developed technologies and models. Working with the Medical Director for AI, the AVP is responsible for assessing existing and emerging AI technologies and trends and educating clinical and operations leaders about opportunities and risks. In collaboration with the organization's research and innovation teams, the AVP will promote and conduct rigorous evaluation of AI-related initiatives and strengthen organizational thought-leadership through participation in regional and national expert groups, publications and presentations, and policy advocacy.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership by identifying and aligning AI-related capabilities and resources from within and outside the organization.
- Build and lead a world-class team of experts in data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning in healthcare.
- Evaluate and recommend the adoption of cutting-edge tools and methodologies to enhance the capabilities of the data science team.
- Implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of AI initiatives and continuously optimize AI models and applications based on performance metrics and feedback.
- Ensure seamless communication between the data science team and other departments to drive successful implementation.
- Advise organizational senior clinical and operational leadership on new trends and technologies related to artificial intelligence and their impact on the organization.
- Create business cases and strategies that utilize AI/ML in consultation with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders (including clinical, operational, finance and research teams) to ensure successful, high quality, and timely execution.
- In partnership the leadership team, develop and lead the strategic plan for AI, and foster a culture of innovation throughout the system at all levels.
- Rigorously evaluate and take accountability for ensuring AI/ML-related projects produce appropriate return-on-investment for the organization. Serve as liaison with outside constituents and as an active participant in assigned management forums.
- Collaborate with relevant Geisinger stakeholders to translate, implement, and maintain their AI-related innovations in production information systems.
- Represent Geisinger at external meetings and conferences to promote organizational leadership and advocacy.
- Promote a cost-conscious approach to resource utilization that encourages staff participation and establishes accountability.
- Work with assigned Human Resource Partners on recruitment and other HR activities.
- Develop competencies in staff and facilitate training and skill development for team members.
- Prepare and manage annual budget, including operational and capital budgeting and ongoing evaluation/reporting of budget variances.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Bachelor's Degree- (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
Minimum of 7 years-Related work experience (Required), Minimum of 7 years-Managerial/Supervisory (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Analytical Thinking, Healthcare Industry, Information Management, Leadership
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.