|February 2, 2024
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our "Best" series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills with the evolving and transformative role IT can have in the industry. This means new opportunities in the way we help transform the business, optimize IT and drive Enterprise AI transformation. We are looking to hire an AI Specialist who will closely partner with our technology teams defining the IT Strategy and execution with focus on AI, Cloud, Data and Experience & Efficiency. To support our AI strategy across the organization, this AI Specialist will bring expertise in machine learning experience, robust data analytics background, and solid software design and development skills who can utilize data-driven techniques in building AI solutions to help manage, scale, and optimize our IT and business operations. This role will focus on our strategy and implementation as it pertains to AI to add value to the business working closely with Senior leadership, Strategy and Product to ensure the above-mentioned outcomes are achieved.
We are seeking an Artificial Intelligence SME who wants to develop innovative solutions for customers and internal product teams. We look to rapidly prototype solutions and deploy the most promising of them. We identify and leverage the latest techniques so that our customers can stay one step ahead. In this role, you will identify needs & challenges that can be addressed by generative AI and develop and implement strategies and creative solutions to overcome these challenges. This role requires a resourceful and scrappy individual who is not afraid to think outside the box and use expertise to drive innovation and improve overall performance across digital marketing, customer experience, and internal processes.
On every project youll learn something new (and likely teach us something as well). If this sounds appealing to you we highly suggest you apply.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Collaborate with a team of Engineers and/or scientists to identify potential applications for generative AI and advocate for strategic implementation.
- Design, develop, and refine AI-generated text prompts, machine learning models, and automation tools for various applications
- Research and identify opportunities for AI and automation within client campaigns
- Identify & develop AI models, machine learning algorithms, and automation tools
- Monitor and optimize AI and automation performance, making adjustments as needed
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in AI, natural language processing, and machine learning
- Provide support to content and product teams in understanding prompt engineering best practices
- Draft and distribute reports on prompt performance and development progress
- Produces high quality, professional, and innovative solutions to complex and technologically advanced AI problems.
- Works on the forefront of new AI technologies.
- Develops and executes cutting-edge research programs to create and then experimentally prove innovative and effective solutions to complex AI technical problems.
You should definitely have:
Candidates must have one of the following:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 1 - 3 years experience of AI work experience
- Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or Artificial Intelligence related study
It would be nice if you had:
- Proficient in Python and the OpenAI API, capable of selecting, implementing, and training suitable AI tools and Machine Learning Models for specific tasks using these and other open-source technologies.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Experience in natural language processing (NLP) and AI-generated content development.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms and experience with deploying AI models.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to optimize AI models and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of software development principles and best practices.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product, content, and data teams.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git for code management.
- Relevant training and/or certifications in computer science, AI, or a related field.
- Proven work experience in an AI-related role such as AI Developer or Machine Learning Engineer.
What its like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- U.S. News & World Report strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated (including boosters).
Number of Openings
About the Organization
U.S. News & World Report is a publisher of news and information that empowers people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.