|Published||November 10, 2022|
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
* Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
* Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
* Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
* Problem Solver
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
"Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I'd get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company's value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I'm grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I'll be supported in doing that every step of the way."
Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
* 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
* Professional Development
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
* Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
* Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Back to Job Navigation (Benefits)
Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer, Staff
Job ID: 614048BR Date posted: Sep. 19, 2022 Locations: Shelton, ConnecticutProgram: Cognitive Baseline COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:When it comes to using cutting-edge machine learning to tackle complex problems, Lockheed Martin is driven by a singular mission focus and desire to continuously innovate. Today's challenges to global security aren't just changing - they're accelerating faster than ever before. Through our dedication to our mission, our AI-enabled systems are changing the way militaries operate and protect their forces, the way first responders fight fires, and how researchers explore the far reaches of space and the ocean's depths.
The Lockheed Martin Artificial Intelligence Center (LAIC) team is seeking a high energy individual with a strong working knowledge in software engineering, artificial intelligence and machine learning to support the AI Integration team and product portfolio, focusing on the Cognitive Baseline program. The team is focused on exploiting small, innovative teams to rapidly iterate and mature solutions from prototypes to deployment for utilization across the enterprise and in the field for our customers.
The selected candidate will focus on the development of technologies and products that leverage Artificial Intelligence to provide discriminating capability to our customers. This will require engagement in every phase of the system development lifecycle including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration, and flight test. Activities will range from low TRL research, proof of concepts, development of prototypes, building demonstrators, and transition to production. The selected candidate can expect to utilize current AI paradigms including computer vision, deep learning, and reinforcement learning, applying these techniques to solve complex problems and field innovative solutions.
Must exhibit self-motivation, a strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills.
The selected candidate can potentially work at any major Lockheed Martin facility or remotely.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
* Experience with Python and major libraries used in AI/ML development (e.g. NumPy, OpenCV, Scikit Learn, Pandas, etc.)
* Experience with C++, Java, Go, and other compiled languages
* Experience with network programming (e.g. Socket programming with TCP and UDP)
* Experience with service-to-service messaging (e.g. gRPC, Kafka, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, DDS, RESTful APIs, etc.)
* Experience developing applications on Linux
* Experience with automated unit-, integration-, and system-level testing
* Expertise in writing clean, maintainable code with loose coupling and high cohesion
* Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles (e.g. SOLID, the Package Principles) and software design patterns
* Must be a US Citizen
* Experience with DevOps tools: Docker, Git [GitLab, GitHub], Continuous Integration [CI], Continuous Deployment [CD]
* Experience using machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.)
* Experience with Test-Driven Development from both unit- and system/acceptance-level perspectives
* Experience with software orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Helm, Istio/Linkerd) and modern GitOps workflows
* Experience developing microservices and microservice architectures
* Experience building and deploying software for defense mission systems
* Experience with hardware-accelerated computing for both CPUs and GPUs (e.g. CUDA, Intel oneAPI, SYCL)
* Experience with model deployment software libraries and stacks (e.g. NVIDIA TensorRT, Triton Inference Server, OnnxRuntime)
* Experience deploying AI-enabled systems in multiple environments (e.g. cloud, edge devices)
* Familiarity interfacing with databases (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
* Secret Clearance Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First