Artificial Intelligence Researcher
|Published||March 12, 2023|
Do you have an interest in artificial intelligence and applied research? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being part of a high-performing research team?
If you have problem-solving skills and want to be a part of a growing company, named one of Dayton’s “Best Places to Work" in 2021 and 2022, winner of two 2022 Gold Stevie Awards for Organization of the Year (Medium Non-Profit) and Government Sales and Customer Service, and winner of the ESGR Above and Beyond Award, then we would love to talk with you!
Parallax Advanced Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research institute based in Dayton, Ohio. We operate our mission nationally, which is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human, and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges. Our vision is to advance the Nation's innovation advantage through our work. Our services include applied research in the areas of artificial intelligence, autonomy, human-machine teaming, and unmanned aerial systems. We also manage a suite of entrepreneurial-focused networks, including the Ohio Federal Research Network and Launch Dayton programs. In 2023, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) became wholly affiliated with Parallax, expanding the organization's services to include space and aerospace advanced technology research and development.
As a knowledge-based AI Researcher, you will develop new knowledge-based AI technologies in areas such as cognitive architectures, ontology development, automated planning, abductive reasoning, and inductive logic programming.
- Researching and replicating state-of-the-art knowledge-based AI technologies
- Implementing novel designs for algorithms that use knowledge-based AI to solve general problems and integrating them with large systems
- Running large, long-running experiments and analyzing experimental results
Ideally, you have these skills and are looking for your next long-term challenge:
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years experience in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Mathematics, with experience in knowledge-based AI research.
- Publication history in knowledge-based AI conferences and/or journals
- Passionate interest in developing new ideas and experiments
- Experience programming in high-level languages (e.g., Python, Lisp, Java, C, C++)
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- US citizenship or green card
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistance: employee’s tuition is 100% covered, in addition, we cover 80% of our employee’s dependent’s tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions.
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.