Artificial Intelligence Research – Sr Associate
|Published||March 15, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
The goal of JPMorgan Artificial Intelligence Research is to explore and advance cutting edge research in Artificial Intelligence, including Machine Learning as well as related fields like Cryptography, to develop and discover principles of impact to JPMorgan's clients and businesses.
JPMorgan Artificial Intelligence Research has assembled a team of experts in many fields of Artificial Intelligence and security or safety. They pursue primary research in areas related to our research pillars as well as concrete problems related to financial services. They partner with internal teams to accelerate the adoption of Artificial Intelligence within the firm. They also work with leading academic faculty around the world on areas of mutual interest. The team is headquartered in New York and present in London and the Bay Area. Conducting Artificial Intelligence research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact. As a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within JPMorgan Chase but also to the broader Artificial Intelligence community.
Job Responsibilities :
- As a Research Scientist in the team, you will conduct end-to-end research typically within Explainable AI and fairness related areas.
- You will work on multiple research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers and with applied engineering teams.
- You will be integral to all aspects of the research lifecycle such as formulating problems, gathering data, generating hypotheses, developing models and algorithms, conducting experiments, synthesizing results, building prototype applications and communicating the significance of your research.
- Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and/or publications in top AI conferences such as AAAI, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, NeurIPS, UAI and major AI journals
- As a member of the Artificial Intelligence and XAI / fairness research community, you will also have the opportunity to participate in relevant top-tier academic conferences to broaden the impact of your contributions.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Master ' s degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering PhD in Computer Science or related fields, with a focus on AI, particularly Explainable AI (XAI) and fairness related topics, covering all types of models e.g., tree-based, deep neural network-based models
- Expertise in one or more specialized areas of XAI and fairness in AI models; for example: novel and scalable XAI techniques, XAI evaluation, XAI robustness, XAI visualization, novel methods for debiasing models at scale, ensuring robustness of models using XAI.
- Strong interest in applying, adapting and inventing novel and scalable XAI and fairness techniques in the context of financial applications i.e., applications with tabular, time-series or natural language text data as inputs
- Practical experience with statistical analysis tools/languages andMachine Learning (ML) platforms such as PyTorch, Tensorflow or Keras etc. and software engineering experience in collaborative project settings involving different AI components and ML models.
- Research publications in prominent AI venues including but not limited to AAAI, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, NeurIPS, UAI conferences, or other major AI journals.
- Solid understanding of the application of fundamental Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques to XAI and fairness related challenges;
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
- I nterest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
New York,NY $133,000.00 - $195,000.00 / year