Artificial Intelligence Leader, Healthcare – SFL Scientific
|Published||March 22, 2023|
|Location||Costa Mesa, CA|
Artificial Intelligence Leader, Healthcare - SFL Scientific
SFL Scientific, a Deloitte Business, is a U.S. based, data science consulting firm specializing in building mission-specific, artificial intelligence (AI) technologies.
The practice brings together several key capabilities to develop and transform our clients' organizations through AI & Data Strategy. We are looking for an Artificial Intelligence Leader to support the vision, strategy, and execution of our Artificial Intelligence go-to-market initiatives within the Healthcare sectors.
Join us to expand your technical career through the lens of professional services and consulting and help create novel solutions to advance your data science & AI career.
Work you'll do
Deloitte works with healthcare operational leaders and clinicians to lead them in their efforts to tailor a successful approach for improving patient care delivery and reducing administrative costs - while complying with electronic health record (EHR) mandates. This is where experience matters.
As the Artificial Intelligence Leader, Healthcare, you will be responsible for helping to identify, advocate, and execute Deloitte's interests across healthcare systems, payers, and providers, with a specific focus on novel approaches for hospital operations optimization, improved patient care, computer vision for diagnostic medical imaging, and other state-of-the-art capabilities. The individual will be responsible for building the relationships, helping architect novel AI solutions and capabilities to generate client impact, as well as planning and penetrating target technology areas and supporting AI integration.
The candidate will work with senior leaders within SFL Scientific, a Deloitte Business. The practice has a proven track record serving large, market-leading organizations in the private and public sectors, successfully delivering high-quality, novel and complex projects, offering deep domain, R&D, and scientific capabilities. Additionally, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Driving high-impact business opportunities as an AI leader and engage clients to accelerate the adoption of novel AI services across the healthcare portfolio, providers, payers
* Identifying key relationships which would benefit the Deloitte practice and lead technical and to-go-market activities to help business and technical development efforts
* Supporting technical direction of consulting engagements while helping define technical strategy, communicating complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Acting as an AI thought leader for each client, including the creation of solutions, proposals, presentations, executive briefings, and other materials to support AI business development
* Acting as a representative to healthcare executives and the global AI partner ecosystem
* Demonstrating highly proficient writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, responses, proposals, business plans, and reports to reach revenue objectives
* Support an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, and solution architects to achieve technical delivery objectives and real-world AI deployment
Our practice is focused on helping Healthcare organizations make strategic choices to unlock new growth, elevate the customer experience, drive innovation, and enable competitive advantage. Our consulting teams include former industry operational leaders, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and technologists that have helped leading healthcare systems, academic medical centers and community healthcare systems and independent facilities realize significant cost savings while transforming how they serve patients. Working side-by-side with our client clinicians and operational leaders, we design solutions that meet our clients' financial, operational, and performance improvement goals.
* Master's or Ph.D. preferred in STEM field, high proficiency in Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and life sciences for professional services
* Expert in traditional ML and deep learning techniques (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, GANs), model tuning, and validation of data science and statistical algorithms
* 6+ years of experience and excellent knowledge of the Life Sciences, healthcare, or biotech sectors
* 5+ years of previous experience in managing technical or solutions teams and delivering complex AI/ML and analytics workloads
* 3+ years of experience in business and relationship development, proposal management and management of enterprise accounts or technical solutions in complex organizations; Experience shaping Executive-level conversations and providing strategic advice, including selling and solutioning AI deals, with a proven track record in sales origination
* Demonstrated ability to advise on a variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and technical requirements
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
* Ability to travel 10% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $200,000 to $275,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our clients' most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte's purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 138255