|Published||November 10, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Job Type||Full-time Intern|
One of our awesome industry partner companies, Ordaos.bio, is looking for several full-time summer intern. Pay commensurate with experience.
Ordaos' mission is to use technology, top talent, and a culture of curiosity to increase the speed and efficacy of drug development. Ordaos is building an intelligent drug discovery platform to reduce the drug discovery timeline from six years to six days. The Ordaos team are interdisciplinary thinkers who are passionate about technology and biomedicine.
The AI intern will play a key role in the pursuit of this mission and will have the opportunity to:
- Play a temporary but key role in Ordaos' effort to advance the drug discovery space by building statistical models both internally and with our upcoming partnerships.
- Team with (and get mentored by) Ordaos employees with world-class training and experience.
- Develop & present a working prototype by the end of your internship experience
We are looking for individuals who are curious about innovation in drug discovery, open to change in a constantly evolving company, agile in their approach to problem-solving, and bold in the execution of their work.
SOME OF THE DAY-TO-DAY MAY INCLUDE:
- Researching and experimenting with industry-leading Data Science techniques and presenting results to the company.
- Adapting state-of-the-art research from literature and implementing it into the Ordaos codebase.
- Collaborating with your fellow data scientists, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders to build solutions.
- Leverage best practices in data collection, processing, prototyping, deploying, and/or measuring impact.
- Developing quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Machine Learning/Data Science, or technical equivalent.
- Relevant internship experience in research, data science, or engineering roles.
- Proficient in Python or other programming languages.
- Understanding of applied statistical methods and quantitative research.
- Familiarity with fundamental ML techniques.
- Energized to collaborate across the team and business with good communication skills.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and driven.
- Thrives in an open, agile, and collaborative environment.
- Energized to learn quickly and open to receiving and incorporating feedback.
- Be really excited with the idea of building something new, for a business tackling difficult problems that will save lives.
Nice to have but not required:
- Working towards a Master's Degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.
- Machine Learning experience with supervised/unsupervised learning, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, deep learning, or time series.
- Fluency with Pytorch or TensorFlow.
- Competitive salary for the NYC area.
- Competitive healthcare coverage through Oxford Healthcare, dental and vision through Guardian Healthcare.
- Free annual corporate membership to Citibike.
- Monthly commuter benefits up to $130.
- Free teletherapy sessions through Talkspace.