|February 2, 2024
B&W Innovation & Technology Team
Artificial Intelligence Intern
Position Location: Crystal Lake, IL, Chicago, IL, Mokena, IL, or Naperville, IL.
Position Type: Part-time or Full-time applicants will be considered.
Hourly Pay: $21.00
At Baxter & Woodman, both seasoned professionals and recent graduates find more than a job; they uncover a long-lasting, fulfilling career with a distinguished leader in technology and innovation. Our work environment is extraordinary and being honored as one of the 2023 Zweig Best Firms to Work For exemplifies our appreciation and respect for our dedicated staff.
The Artificial Intelligence Intern will be integrated within the corporate Innovation and Technology Team. This position will explore and further develop AI based initiatives within our firm. These initiatives may range from computer vision to text understanding and language generation. The primary role for this position will utilize data and develop computer vision models, which can benefit our civil engineering teams complete their work in a more efficient way. This position is an excellent opportunity for a student or recent graduate to integrate within a solution-focused design team, improve exposure in the growing field of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and create impactful solutions.
* Assist in the development and implementation of computer vision algorithms and models.
* Utilize machine learning libraries and frameworks to develop computer vision models.
* Process and analyze data to train and evaluate AI models for our engineering teams to utilize.
* Provide documentation of developed AI models
* Explore and assist in the development of AI related applications, processes, and workflows that can improve our business.
* Work and collaborate within the Innovation & Technology Team to develop experimental AI models, products, and systems.
* Pursing the completion of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
* Beginner experience with Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Image Processing, or Natural Language Processing.
* Familiarity with computer vision services, libraries, and frameworks
* Programming experience with Python
* Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
* Strong communication and teamwork skills
* Prior AI coursework or project experience is a plus.
Join Our Team! - At our organization, we prioritize the holistic well-being of our employees through a comprehensive range of benefits. This commitment is evident in our healthcare offerings, including medical, dental, and vision plans, alongside an Employee Assistance Program and dedicated benefit advisors for personalized support. Financial well-being is enhanced through our financial planning program, life and disability insurance, tax savings plans, and coverage for accidents, cancer, and critical illnesses. Balancing work and life, we provide generous paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, and flexible work arrangements, including the option to work from home on half Fridays and varied schedules. Additionally, we lead the industry by offering 401k plans, supported by expert financial advisors, and an Employee Stock Ownership program, ensuring our employees are not just part of a workplace but a thriving, supportive community dedicated to their well-being, financial security, and happiness.
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity - affirmative action M/F/Vet/Disability employer.