|Published||May 24, 2023|
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer is responsible to design, develop and implement cutting-edge AI and machine learning solutions to optimize business processes, drive innovation and enhance end user experiences. The incumbent in this position will conduct extensive research and analysis of cognitive abilities as well as develop AI algorithms to identify and create effective program solutions. The AI Engineer will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to identify and shape AI Technologies for the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams, including project managers, data engineers/scientists, software engineers, and business stakeholders, to understand and define the problems that need to be solved using AI Technologies and other mathematical techniques, while considering the business objectives, requirements, and constraints.
- Using independent judgement, selects appropriate AI models and algorithms based on the problem to be solved and trains these models using prepared data. This may involve tuning hyperparameters and selecting the best model architecture.
- Collaborates with team members to design and conduct experiments to test and validate AI models. Implements various evaluation metrics to assess the performance of machine learning models.
- Creates clear and concise documentation of AI models, algorithms, and processes, and provides regular reports on project progress and results to project leadership.
- Stays up to date with the latest AI techniques and tools, including machine learning algorithms, deep learning frameworks, and natural language processing techniques.
- Ensures AI solutions adhere to ethical guidelines, data privacy regulations, and other legal requirements, while addressing potential biases and fairness concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance is required
- Physical: Reads small print, repetitive motion, tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and sitting.
- Environmental: N/A
- Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field required. A background in Machine Learning, Statistics, or Data Science is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Python or R, and/or familiarity with additional programming languages such as Java, C++ required.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts, including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and optimization techniques strongly preferred.
- Experience working with machine learning algorithms and frameworks, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with data processing and manipulation tools, such as NumPy, Pandas, SQL or equivalent preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment required.
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic environment required.
- Moving is expensive and hard work! Relocation Assistance is available for those that qualify.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation/Holiday) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days, 50% match on first 6% contributed
- Participate in Duncan Aviation’s Tool Account Program, to acquire & grow your Tool Inventory all while making interest free payments
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled