Artificial Intelligence Engineer
|Published||March 12, 2023|
|Location||Chevy Chase, MD|
Work in a dynamic consulting environment and make a real-world impact by supporting the development and implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) initiatives in the defense industry. Support the creation of an accessible AI environment through data preparation, vetting commercial services, evaluating the tech stack available across the enterprise, and making recommendations to the Department of the Air Force (DAF).
- Create, acquire, curate, prepare, manage, or secure data sets for use in DoD AI models and application development, testing, certification, and operation while adhering to Responsible AI principles
- Support the design, implementation, and integration of AI solutions into multiple DAF environments
- Provide, develop, and advise on a wide range of AI capabilities like predictive analytics, data science, natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, process automation, voice-enabled technology
- Support the delivery of AI proofs of concept
- Evaluate and brief on threat environments and adversarial capabilities
- Help develop a map of DoD and DAF AI/ML capabilities and develop recommendations for improvements
- Monitor developments and advancements in the field of AI/ML and provide briefings to leadership
- Strong knowledge of AI technologies and data infrastructure
- Skilled in predictive analytics, data science, natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, process automation, voice-enabled technology
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture such as: TensorFlow, PyTorch; scikit-learn
- Experience architecting, designing, and deploying AI/ML solutions across a variety of platforms including commercial clouds (AWS, Azure), and open source platforms involving technologies such as Kubernetes, Kubeflow, ML/AIFlow, Apache Hadoop, and the large associated ecosystem: Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Python, R, Jupyter Notebook, DASK, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Presto, Influx DB, MinIO, Neo4j, Apache Flink, a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Able to define, articulate, and apply software architecture and data infrastructure principles
- Experience with DevSecOps practices and processes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Minimum eight (6) years of technical experience in information systems development, system analysis, design, and/or programming.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing and implementing AI solutions.