|February 6, 2024
|San Francisco, CA
Do you want to impact the education of K 12 students with us?
Kira Learning is creating curriculum and learning tools that empower teachers and prepare students for a world in which technology and science play pivotal roles in everyone's lives.
We are backed by top-tier Venture Capital funds including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Andrew Ng's AI Fund, and Primavera, and are growing fast.
We are looking for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer that will own the end-to-end product execution by understanding student and teacher needs, building features that can be tested, and more.
This is a Remote position that can be based anywhere in the US
For this position, you must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.
As an AI Engineer at Kira, you will:
- Write programs using AI to improve student learning experience by implementing features including but not limited to: autograding coding exercises, giving automated detailed feedback to students, and personalizing a student's learning experience with adaptive learning techniques.
- Design and audit Kira Learning's code review processes, and ensure that the company's code base is maintainable, efficient, and well documented.
- Own end-to-end product execution, including working closely with Kira Learning's UI/UX designer on interaction and visual design.
- Work closely with Kira Learning's Product and Content teams to ideate, scope, develop and iterate on end-to-end products as well as specific product features.
- Understand and prioritize student and teacher needs, and translate these into product ideas and features that can be tested.
Your Experience and Skills include:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience as an AI engineer leading software design decisions, defining and managing end-to-end project requirements, and shipping complex products with minimal guidance.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity and experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Familiarity and experience working with AWS.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience leading software engineering projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- (Preferred) Strong grasp of frontend web development frameworks, in particular React and Next.js.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company (160k-200k).
- Unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave.
- Top-notch healthcare service.
At Kira Learning, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Kira believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.