|Published||September 25, 2023|
|Location||Des Moines, IA|
POSITION - ML/AI Engineer/Data Engineer/Software Engineer
POSITION TYPE: W2 Contract, This requisition is for (3) Fully remote positions
**Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position** - NO C2C/C2H
**Candidates who only have front end development, back end development, or website development are not a good fit for these positions.**
These positions will be working on a team that develops Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) platforms for our client.
These (3) positions will be the platform and data engineers responsible for getting data into a position that can be used with generative AI.
Skill Set Requirements:
Must have a general understanding of Data Engineering to include: basic data wrangling for structured and unstructured data, basic data feature analysis, structured data loading into cloud storage or data lake, and they must be familiar with cracking and chunking unstructured data
Generative AI: looking for candidates who are familiar with all models offered by OpenAI, familiar with opensource foundation models, and who have an understanding of langchain.
Data Serving: experience with types of retrieval mechanisms to support RAG (other than ACS), and demonstrate out of the box thinking on RAG, not just the boilerplate examples published up to this point
Vector Database (DB): should be familiar with embeddings, and have intermediate knowledge of Vector DB Experience with creating Jupyter Notebooks
Must be familiar with Databricks (preferred), or other pipeline tools
Skills that will set you apart:
Python experience and backend AWS API engineering for REST services a plus
Experience with react and frontend engineering is plus
Knowledge of or experience with emerging benchmarking tools for RAG, opensource or vendor
Description: Major Purpose: Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports. This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well-defined problems with little guidance. May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel; Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
- Mentors junior software engineers on the team.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation.
- Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs.
- Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Previous experience in programming/software development. (4 - 7 years)
- Software development processes experience. (4 - 7 years)
- Product design, test and/or analysis experience. (4 - 7 years)
- Participating in Agile Development (4 - 7 years)
- Experience working in an Agile Environment (4 - 7 years)