|Published||September 22, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
We are looking for a highly skilled Generative AI Large Language Model (LLM) Researcher to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible researching language models and their applications for financial services and the asset management industry. You will collaborate with internal teams for identifying use-cases, collaborate with academia and commercial firms to foster research partnerships, and develop relationships with the wider tech industry and startup ecosystems. Specifically, you will:
• Research techniques in GenAI including natural language processing, computer vision, and other relevant fields to understand the current state-of-the-art and limitations of various models and algorithms.
• Research techniques to design and train general and domain-specific language models and analyze improvements such as self-supervised learning objectives, neural architecture design, or computational efficiency methods.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field of generative AI, attend conferences and events and bring new ideas to the team.
• Design, implement and train generative AI models for various content creation application proof-of-concepts.
• Design and implement experiments, analyse datasets, and create performance evaluation criteria.
• Design and apply large language models to natural language understanding tasks such as question answering, summarization, translation, conversational AI, and more.
• Assess how model scaling impacts capability and whether it enables qualitatively new behaviors - explore methods for integrating human feedback.
• Evaluate risks and alignment techniques for GenAI and large language models including constitutional AI methods as well as develop practices for ensuring these systems are explainable, trustworthy and unbiased.
• Work closely with engineers to implement promising research ideas and transition successful approaches into product features.
• Write clear and concise technical documentation for models, algorithms, and software tools.
• A Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
• A strong background in artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, and deep learning
• Experience in developing and deploying generative AI models in real-world applications
• Excellent python or C++ programming skills
• Great knowledge of common deep-learning frameworks
• Experience in processing or curating of large-scale datasets
• Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of deep learning, natural language processing and computer vision
• Track record of research excellence or significant product development
• Excellent written & interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts
• Curiosity and the ability to embrace uncertainty and be comfortable with failure while exploring with new ideas
• Commitment and adherence to the highest ethical standards