|Published||September 24, 2022|
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
MITRE's National Cybersecurity FFRDC (NCF) team is currently seeking a computer scientist with a strong background in Artificial Intelligence and/or cybersecurity. This position is an exciting opportunity to provide support and help to resolve technical challenges related to artificial intelligence through the application of available technologies and the application of frameworks. The role involves interactions with the NIST sponsor and MITRE team members.
* Understanding of AI methods
* Understanding of computer security and architectures
* Contributing to technical, hands-on lab development
* Researching in specific relevant topic areas
* Developing documentation
* Adhering to schedules
* Being a collaborative team player
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with relevant experience who can immediately contribute at this job step; or equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
* Practical experience in AI methods
* Practical experience working as a team member
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Demonstrated, practical problem-solving experience
* Demonstrated success using Python
* AWS or other cloud-based Machine Learning platforms
* Al frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, or Keras.
* Practical experience in building RESTful APIs using frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI, or Django
* Practical experience with packaging Python code, including the writing of technical documentation and development of unit and integration tests
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Copyright 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here