|Published||June 7, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Artificial Intelligence Associate Software Engineer to join the Phantom Works Advanced Autonomous Systems software team located in Hazelwood, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
Phantom Works is an advanced research and development organization responsible for engaging customers through cutting-edge visual modeling and simulation; innovating cross-cutting concepts and technologies; prototyping solutions to extend current products and win new programs; and developing new businesses and entering new markets.
We are seeking a computer engineer with experience in Artificial Intelligence to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced team developing the "software brains" of Boeing's future advanced unmanned aerial vehicles.
The selected individual will work as part of a software engineering team that partners with pilots, vehicle engineers, and experts in autonomy. The team supports internal and external customers to develop software enabling integration, training, testing, and evaluation of autonomous systems within other Boeing products. The developed software is utilized in hardware-in-the-loop environments as well as simulations. Under the leadership of a senior software engineer the individual will be responsible supporting the entire software development lifecycle; from requirements gathering and design to maintenance and upgrades.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Support design and development of autonomous systems
- Develop autonomous behaviors for simulated and real systems
- Apply Classical AI techniques and Machine Learning to meet customer requirements
- Participate in trade studies and evaluate alternative solutions
- Collaborate with software engineers to implement solutions and integrate into existing systems
- Participate in proposals and other business development activities
- Support use case development for software requirements
- Support system and flight testing
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions, and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams every single day.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Top Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Ability to obtain Top Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or related engineering field
- 2 years of experience with Autonomy and/or Robotics software techniques
- 2+ years of experience with C++ or Python, or Java
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Domain knowledge of Autonomous Systems or Robotics
- Broad knowledge of AI tools and Techniques
- Experience in at least one area relevant to autonomy such as Perception, Autonomy, Game Theory, Reinforcement Learning, Probabilistic Reasoning, Anomaly Detection or multi-agent systems
- Experience developing and deploying classical AI and machine learning techniques
- Experience with sensors (cameras, LiDAR, RADAR, GPS-IMU), embedded systems, and system integration related to autonomous systems
- Experience with military applications
- Software language experience, including C++, Python, Java
- Knowledge of data structure, numerical optimization and algorithm complexity
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with Agile Software development process
- Simulation development experience
- Experience with continuous integration practices
- Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Masters).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. - provided by Dice