|Published||June 10, 2023|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Artificial Intelligence Adjunct
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Logo Institution Dakota State University Working Title Artificial Intelligence Adjunct Posting Number T00204P Department DSU-Cyber Oper Network Security Physical Location of Position (City) Madison Posting Text
Dakota State University is seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to join our esteemed institution as an Adjunct instructor in the field of Artificial Intelligence. As an Adjunct Instructor, you will have the opportunity to impart your knowledge and expertise in AI to students, while contributing to the growth and development of our academic community. This is an exciting opportunity to inspire and shape the next generation of AI professionals. This position offers flexibility in terms of scheduling and provides a platform for professionals to share their industry experience with aspiring AI enthusiasts.
* Develop and deliver engaging lectures, presentations, and practical sessions on various topics related to Artificial Intelligence, including machine learning, neural networks, natural language processing, computer vision, and data mining.
* Facilitate engaging discussions, interactive activities, and hands-on projects to enhance students' understanding and practical skills in AI.
* Provide guidance and mentorship to students in their AI-related projects, assignments, and research endeavors.
* Evaluate student performance through assignments, exams, and projects, and provide constructive feedback to facilitate their learning and growth.
* Stay updated with the latest advancements and emerging trends in the field of AI and integrate relevant industry practices into the curriculum.
* A Ph.D. or master's degree in computer science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
* Proven expertise and at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence, with a strong focus on machine learning and data analysis.
* Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level or industry training programs is highly desirable.
* Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in AI, such as Python, Java, or C++, and familiarity with AI frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch).
* Strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex AI concepts to students with diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Posting Date 06/05/2023 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes First Consideration Date Advertised Salary DOQE Duration of the Term Other If Other, describe duration Appointment Percent 10% Proposed Rank Work Hours Appointment Type Temporary This position requires If other, please indicate Department Description and Cultural Expectations
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
Please check the appropriate response that describe the cognitive requirements for this position. Analyzing, Comprehend, Frequent Change, Intense Customer Interaction, Logic, Memory, Multiple Priorities, Pace-average, Perform calculations, Reading, Reasoning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication
Please check the appropriate response for this position's use of the following protective clothing or equipment. If other protection is used please identify
Please designate the physical requirements of this position Fine Finger Manipulation (keyboarding, pipefitting, bench work, etc), Sitting for sustained periods of time Describe any of the conditions selected
Please check the appropriate response that describe the sensory requirements for this position. Hearing, Speaking, Vision (With and without corrective lenses)
Working Conditions & Exposures
Working Conditions or Exposures (or potential exposures) that this position may encounter during the course of the work day. Please describe, in more detail, any of the conditions checked above
Check the appropriate box(es) that best describes the environment in which the primary function of the position is performed. Classroom Environment, Office Environment If you have indicated Other Environment, if work tasks involve one or more of the above, or if further explanation is necessary, please use the space provided.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
* Public Job Posting
* Internal Job Posting
* Agency Referral
* Personal Referral
Documents Needed to Apply
* Cover Letter
* Curriculum Vitae
* Reference List