|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
COMPANY is the world’s first full-spectrum artificial intelligence company devoted entirely to government and national defense. COMPANY is well-equipped to deliver cost-effective solutions to improve the performance of the government's critical functions through capabilities such as logistics network optimization, legacy platform maintenance, and more.
The Business Development Leader will support COMPANY to drive sales growth and expand COMPANY's presence within the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. This leader will be responsible for rapidly developing a pipeline of opportunities related to artificial intelligence across multiple national security and defense customer communities.
The successful candidate will have proven business development experience in the defense or intelligence industries. The candidate must possess the technical and practical understanding and knowledge of how COMPANY solutions can create value for customers and their individual missions. The candidate will have demonstrated performance in leading a business development team and identifying, capturing, and winning large, DOD or IC-related opportunities in a wide range of domains. The candidate will also help translate customer needs into product/capabilities roadmaps for future enhancements that will create value for customers.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Developing, maintaining and growing an extensive network of relationships, with both existing and potential COMPANY clients, throughout the Department of Defense, to grow current and future business, as well as, cultivate relationships with partners – large scale prime integrators and small companies that provide complementary value.
- Oversee and lead business development department and all elements of strategic capture and the business development process including, price to win, proposals, and marketing efforts on opportunities that have been fully qualified and moved forward to capture and solution development stage
- Focuses on identification and capture of large, multi-year opportunities with the goal of bidding on multiple large-scale opportunities. These are opportunities that have the potential to double the size of the company at any given time.
- Providing market and competitor intelligence on market segments where COMPANY is engaged, as well as insights on competition specific to individual opportunities.
- Actively contributing to business-related activities at the senior-executive level, to include participation on applicable Industry Associations and other relevant activities.
- Leads win strategy workshops for key opportunities to craft the strategy for these bids; leads solution and strategy development for bids; develops win themes.
- Coordinates the selection of proposal team member organizations (strategic partners, sub-contractors, universities, etc.) and the efforts of the proposal team; assist in formulating a winning offering that presents the project approach that meets the customer needs.
- Assisting the COMPANY General Manager in the efficient and effective use of marketing resources across multiple client organizations to achieve growth and maintain margins.
- Building and maintaining a robust funnel of leads and opportunities capable of meeting or exceeding COMPANY’s goals.
- Contributes to the development of effective legislative initiatives to support business strategies and plans.
- Desire to be a key member of the world’s only full spectrum artificial intelligence company.
- 10-15 years of experience in Department of Defense or Intelligence Community organizations and policy.
- Proven history of developing, leading and executing long-term strategic growth plans in organizations that provide services to defense and intelligence community customers.
- Experience with market development and sales of emerging technology into national security and defense.
- Leading a sales/business development organization with responsibility for $250M+ in annual sales.
- Ability to communicate market strategies to investors and board members to secure support for strategy and business development activities.
- Demonstrated ability to win contract opportunities in the federal space.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate a business development/sales team.
- Existing network of contacts within the Department of Defense and/or Intelligence Community and the ability to leverage these into qualified business opportunities.
- Knowledge of competitors in this market space and experience in competitive assessment; experience in developing large government proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical presentations to internal and external clientele and the ability to participate on proposal teams.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Master's Degree or higher, preferably in technical discipline.
- Experience selling consulting/engineering/manufacturing services.
- Experience with SaleForce, CostPoint, and GovWin.
- Knowledge and experience pursuing Other Transaction Authority (OTA) Acquisitions.
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Clearance: ' Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Travel: Up to 30% Travel Required