|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2020|
Vice President of Artificial Intelligence is an executive position for a result oriented R&D leader. He or she will lead R&D efforts of Artificial Intelligence Team (AIT) within Samsung SDS Research America (SDSRA) located in Silicon Valley. He or she will be responsible for creating the overall AI roadmap for AIT and building a cohesive and comprehensive AI strategy for execution as well as providing technical guidance.
AIT in SDSRA has been building AI productivity enhancement platform for the last two years and will be launching it early next year. The core mission of this position is the oversight of product development efforts for current AI platform as well as the incubation of new AI products. This role requires a close collaboration with Artificial Intelligence Research Center in Samsung SDS in Korea from an engineering perspective and with Samsung SDS America from going to market perspective.
He or she will evangelize AIT's AI platforms within Samsung SDSA and build a product plan, get it approved by relevant stakeholders and execute the product development plan by acquiring necessary resources. This organization is a startup within a large IT services company where Silicon Valley based entrepreneurism can be exercised within a large enterprise setting.
- Develop an overall vision and direction of the Artificial Intelligence Team
- Oversee all AI related product development efforts
- Evangelize AI platform internally within Samsung SDSA as well as outside
- Develop new AI product ideas, incubate them into products and launch them commercially
- Convene a R&D committee to get an approval for R&D budget
- Requires frequent and close communications with Samsung SDS HQ located in Korea. May require working outside normal working hours due to the time difference.
- Think strategically and apply that through to innovative solutions
- Build a team to lead for all aspects of AI efforts within SDSRA
- 10+ years of experience in AI, ML, or advanced analytics area
- Master's or Ph.D. in AI, Computer Science, ML, Electrical Engineering or related fields such as Statistics, Applied Math or Computational Neuroscience
- 2+ Publications with proven expertise in AI or ML
- A well-developed portfolio of past software development, composed of some mixture of professional work, open source contributions, and personal projects.
- Experience in leading and developing remote and distributed teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong fit with the culture
- Hands-on approach, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly (technology, business models, target industries)
- Creative and inspired
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a vibrant personality
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)