|Date Posted||November 18, 2020|
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria.
VIE Main Requirements:
• European Union citizens (plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Monaco), graduates up to and including 28 years old.
• Have fulfilled military obligations for their country, if any.
• Fluent in English.
For more information: http://www.civiweb.com/international/default.html (in English, German, Italian and Spanish)
To be eligible for work in the US under J-1 Visa, you must fulfil the requirements of the sponsor selected by Airbus for this mission, the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC).
For more information, please consult the FACC website.
Located at the Mobile Aeroplex at Brookley, in Mobile, Alabama, the Mobile FAL is Airbus' first U.S.-based commercial aircraft production facility.
In 2015, Mobile became home to Airbus' first U.S.-based commercial aircraft manufacturing facility. Celebrating its fifth year of production, this facility has grown from an initialworkforce of around 250 producing A320 Family aircraft to more than 1,000 building A220 and A320 Family aircraft by the end of 2019. By the end of 2020 that number will be around1,300.
In addition to its operations in Mobile, Airbus has extensive presence throughout the U.S. with approximately 4,000 people at 38 locations in 16 states. Among its other facilities in theU.S. Airbus has: a Defense & Space MRO in Alabama; engineering centers in Alabama and Kansas; training facilities in Florida and Colorado; materials support and headquarters inVirginia; an innovative think tank (A3) in California; a drone data analysis business in Georgia; helicopter manufacturing and assembly facilities in Texas and Mississippi; and a satellitemanufacturing facility (OneWeb Satellites) in Florida.
Description of the job
A VIE for Information Management Data Scientist (M/F) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Mobile, Alabama. You will join INFORMATION MANAGEMENT / Manufacturing.
Main function of IM Data Scientist will be to collect Business Requirements and design and code associated Reports / Dashboards using AIRBUS standard tools such as Skywise (Palantir Foundry) for a duration of 18 months.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Dashboard / Analytics: 60%
• Leverage AIRBUS Analytics Platform to deliver business value-added solutions,
• Collect Business requirements using interview, workshop, analyze data needs and design associated Dashboards,
• Propose and Improve current data management and analytics process at FAL Mobile,
• Initiate Data Science activities at FAL Mobile in order to propose Business improvement on problem solving,
• Support Airbus IM Innovation on Analytics by leading directly some local initiatives (collects business requirements, organize project execution, implement innovative solutions using Airbus suppliers support, organize business tests, deploy Innovative solution),
Support Analytics Organization: 30%
• Define best practices on Analytics dashboard creation, maintenance,
• Set up local governance with dedicated progress review and associated documentation (reports on dashboards creation, roadmap, Minutes of Meeting),
• Support Local Analytics Project by acting as PMO with guidance of Analytics Project Manager,
Other duties as assigned: 10%
• Perform State of the Art training on Analytics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence,
• Document Analytics process (Requirements collection, Solution Design) in order to industrialize such activities,
The work location will be AIRBUS Final Assembly Line in Mobile, Alabama.
This role will involve some travel in various sites of Airbus across North America or visit suppliers and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You have a passion for innovation and new technologies but with a strong business acumen (technology for business value vs. technology for technology).
You are knowledgeable with new ways of working (i.e. Agile) and familiar with standard workplace technologies (G Suite, Jira, …). You have appetence for Industrial IM and how can Analytics and Artificial Intelligence can leverage Manufacturing industrial ramp-up.
You are fluent in English and not afraid to speak-up and challenges your peers on news ways of working and business values of new technologies.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master’s degree or more in Information Systems (or equivalent).
- Professional experience expected in one of the following domain in: Industry, Services Consulting, IT or Project Management.
- Experienced in Google Suite, Big Data, SQL, JSON, HTML, PYTHON, Visual Basic, Artificial Intelligence,
- Knowledge or experience in Data Analytics, Data Science, IoT, Industrial IM Infrastructure, Machine Connectivity
- Knowledge about Manufacturing and Quality
- Soft skills :
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Team Spirit, proactivity, curiosity, pragmatism, open mindedness
- Language Skills: advanced level of English
You are collaborative, dynamic, organized and willing to embrace new challenges, this job is for you!
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.