|Date Posted||June 20, 2020|
ECS is seeking a Technical Project Manager to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Technical Project Manager to support the development and integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) into autonomous aerial vehicle prototypes for the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center.
We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees to be our most important asset. People truly are number one at ECS. We are situated in Fairfax, VA -- well positioned for most commutes in the Northern Virginia area. Our newly renovated office spaces are first class and provide an inspirational environment. We offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting advanced IT business in the DC area. ECS has extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in the AI/ML field. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits to the right person for this key position.
ECS is seeking a technically skilled Technical Project Manager to manage and provide direction for a research and development Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) and autonomous unmanned aerial system project supporting the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC). This project will entail the supervision of a complex environment of subcontract developers, Government partners, and customers working together to develop, test, and deliver a multi-sensor fusion & AI-processing software at the edge aboard a UAS. This role will entail the management of the creation of the DoD's first high fidelity enterprise modeling and simulation environment for autonomous single and multi-platform UAS's. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders to include the DoD and its partners, commercial AI vendors, and traditional federal contractors to translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans that meet the customer's mission needs. The candidate will work with the customer to identify their objectives and develop a proposed solution. The candidate will lead a highly technical team in initiating, planning, controlling, and executing initiatives in support of sensitive and critical Joint Artificial Intelligence Center priorities.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess an Active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI
- 10+ years of management experience; prior technical project management experience required.
- Experience leading technical and non-technical teams in the many components of project management such as: financial management, program documentation, scheduling, deployment, customer service, quality control, and others.
- UAS (MQ-1/MQ-9) Operations and program management experience.
- Experience working with the US Air Force unmanned aerial system programs of record.
- Experience or familiarity with AI/ML.
- Experience or familiarity with autonomous vehicle development and testing.
- Experience in detailed technical requirements gathering, interpretation, analysis, and validation.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and preparing detailed products regarding program status.
- Experience managing subcontractors; managing multiple, diverse, and non-traditional subcontractors is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at all level, both technical and non-technical.
- Knowledge of sensor imaging systems and products and familiarity with AI/ML learning applications, integration, and testing/evaluation standards.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in the customer space and managing competing priorities.
- Requires the ability to operate in a fluid, high operational tempo environment.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to change directions rapidly when required.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to recognize client and team needs.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Master's Degree highly preferred in technical area or business/project management
- Program leadership experience in MQ-9 design, production, and/or operations
- Experience managing or participating in MQ-9 operations to include developmental test and evaluation (DT&E).
- PMP Certification
- Experience working with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience working with Department of Defense (DoD) organizations or performers
- Familiarity with intelligence community collection and exploitation techniques
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.