|Date Posted||November 5, 2020|
The Senior Vice President of Artificial Intelligence (“SVP of AI”) will be responsible for incubating and leading SAIC’s horizontal AI business, comprising solutions related to Predictive Analytics, AI/ML, Robotic Process Automation, and Intelligent Edge. This leader will have oversight of the horizontal’s technology, strategic partnerships, training/certification, and delivery. As a Horizontal Business Leader, the SVP of AI will be responsible for driving organic growth through technology delivery, solutions development, and the development of new business models. S/he will broaden SAIC’s portfolio of AI technology delivery, quals, and customer relationships, as well as amplify
SAIC’s brand externally as a technology leader and innovator.
The successful candidate will have the ability to attract and develop tech talent throughout the organization, as well as identify, cultivate, and commit to strategic partnerships to execute the firm strategy and “future-proof” the firm.
• Build, incubate, and scale capabilities, products, and solutions that increase customer success, optimize corporate financials, and distinguish company expertise.
• Identify emerging technology, capabilities, and partnerships that support scale, optimization, experimentation, branding, and market positioning.
• Manage a multi-horizon investment portfolio – working directly with customers, industry accelerators, and strategic partners to validate, test, and deploy capabilities/technology.
• Identify, cultivate, and shape customer relationships and opportunities, leading capture efforts for new or emerging technologies/capabilities and differentiated acquisition/delivery methods.
• Manage a customer portfolio to ensure continued innovation, risk management, and financial optimization.
• Develop and manage staff expertise and skills, including contribution to L&D program development and management of communities of practice/interest.
• Be a thought leader through engagement in industry forums, development of publications, presentations, and corporate representation in executive industry and policy councils.
To be effective in this role, the SVP of AI will specifically have the following key pivotal experiences and expertise:
Horizontal Business Leadership: Recognized leader in AI, with more than 10 years of experience driving horizontal business growth through application and adoption of emerging technologies for customer success and optimization.
Technical Thought Leadership: Sought after expert by customers, industry, and policy councils for his/her ability to understand complex customer missions and problems and architect emerging technology and capability solutions.
Talent Management / Development: Excels at attracting and developing technical talent, identifying and cultivating skills and capabilities.
Customer Portfolio Management: Strong, client facing leader with market presence charisma and proven business development capabilities. S/he must establish/expand relationships with prospective clients, as well as identify and develop relationships with current future partners.
Put the Customer First: Aims to provide the best service and "customer experience" to the internal employee population within SAIC, enabling them to better serve the external client; Focuses on earning trust and respect and building internal business relationships that endure
Shape Strategy: Collaborative with the ability to shift from big picture, strategic thinking to the tactical implementation of human resource services for SAIC
Build Talent and Teams: Capacity to create conditions where managers and teams can thrive and grow; A focus on maintaining a diverse and engaged workforce, empowering/coaching them to do impactful work by removing barriers and establishing meaningful connections; Open, visible and approachable
Drive for Results: An individual who has a bias towards action and instills accountability, delivers tough messages and leads change while setting high standards; Hands-on, positive, and energetic; Rolls up sleeves and brings a sense of ownership, accountability, and a strong passion for accomplishing the task at hand
Inspire and Influence: An individual that displays seasoned judgment and thoughtfulness who is able to build rapport and trust quickly across all departments; Creates alignment from disparate senior stakeholders to commit to key talent initiatives
Adaptability: An individual that displays emotional intelligence, authenticity, empathy, and the ability to “flex” his/her style to relate to different audiences and situations; Able to make difficult tradeoff decisions and dissent when necessary
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 18 years of experience, with more than 10 years of experience driving horizontal business growth through application and adoption of emerging technologies for customer success and optimization.
- Proven track record of being a strong, client facing leader with market presence and business development capabilities
- Federal contracting experience desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.