|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
- Do you want to define the next generation of hardware innovation in devices for Microsoft Teams? Enable the new audio and video experiences in Teams calls and meetings? Create breakthrough collaboration experiences powered by leading edge AI that enable things like the magic whiteboard, or highly accurate speech recognition that transcribes and translates any spoken word into text? Then join the Teams team and be our hardware systems engineer!
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Hardware Systems Engineer who is curious. Who can acquire a wide range of technologies fast and bring them together to define the hardware systems standards for the future generation of communications devices. Do investigations to identify the right hardware that can power software experiences that we are bringing to Teams devices in the foreseeable future.
- You will be working with partners so you should be able to be both deeply technical as well as understand the business. Have solid communication skills, and work with the partners to define and align on reference specifications.
- In this role, you’ll leverage your know-how of the latest hardware trends, your critical and analytical thinking skills to analyze how these could fit our software roadmap and your creativity to find innovative paths to realize our vision. You’ll use your ability to influence internal and external partners, work together with partners in design, engineering, peer PM orgs across Teams and the devices engineering teams of our partners. You will be the key player of spec-ing the systems requirements of Microsoft Teams devices.
- Our team is a little different. We candidly and openly exchange ideas, we adapt quickly and collaborate with commitment, we have each other's backs, we put the product as our top priority, and we listen to learn and with respect. We work hard, play hard, and have a lot of fun. If that sounds like a good fit, please contact us!
- Collaborate with internal SW dev and PM teams to identify cost effective compute architectures for different Teams application feature initiatives.
- Define HW and system specifications for future intelligent communications and collaboration device innovations using AI and Machine Learning.
- Drive 3rd party device projects with Microsoft Teams devices partners through all development phases to ensure delivery of high-quality HW products.
- Pioneer device certification programs for those new device innovations by creating test standards and implementing test protocols with internal and external test agencies.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering or a related field strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of audio, video and display peripheral interfaces for Windows and Android systems. Experience with USB speakerphone, camera, display and touch screen developments highly preferred.
- Familiarity with CPU/GPU benchmark for x86 and ARM SoCs.
- Familiarity with low level Android system development, including bootloader, driver and core Android system services.
- Passionate about new technologies including AI/Machine Learning system and NPU applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HW product developments with external partners such as OEMs and ODMs.
- Excellence in communications.
- Strong sense of ownership with focus on product quality and reliability.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- This position is full-time and based in Bellevue, WA