|Date Posted||November 8, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
At Wells Fargo, the Chief Technology Office (CTO) organization is leading technology transformation in a multi-cloud technology landscape by developing and delivering innovative products that delight our customers and support speed to market banking products. As part of CTO, the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Enterprise Observability team is responsible for delivering innovative, scalable, stable, and secure products that provide deep business and operational insight, and predictive analysis. As a member of the team, you will be a key contributor to the development of products that provide full stack observability including application monitoring, logging, alerting, visualization, machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver customer-centric service and monitor solutions using agile and good risk management processes.
- On-board applications to Enterprise Observability tools and services across Wells Fargo to enable monitoring and alerting with best practices and standard Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools.
- Establish customized monitoring dashboards, thresholds, alerting to fully enable Wells Fargo application and support teams.
- Verify program monitoring tool configuration by overseeing the configurations to ensure proper monitoring is in production.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Application Performance Monitoring (APM), logging, and other observability & visualization tools.
- Performance expert consultation and training services to our application development and platform support partners.
- Understand complex application frameworks and flows to assist with developing and implementing custom monitoring solutions.
- On-call rotation support.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication, flexibility, teamwork and leadership.
Raleigh, Irving, Minneapolis, Des Moines and Chandler are the preferred locations, however, we will consider applicants in New York/New Jersey.
This role is posted as a Site Reliability & Observability Engineer, however, the Wells Fargo job title is an Infrastructure Sr. Engineer.
- 7+ years of systems analysis experience
- 7+ years of systems programming experience
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- 8+ years of customer relationship management experience
- 3+ years of experience creating executive level dashboards, analytics, and reports using advanced visualization tools
- 7+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- 5 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
- 3+ years of experience with Application performance, monitoring and optimization using Blazemeter, JMeter, Splunk and AppDynamics
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure for a medium-to-large organization
- Experience with IT operational stability
- Superior customer service orientation and relationship management skills with organizational partners and customers
- Expert knowledge in infrastructure engineering services and technologies
- Strong knowledge of voice and network technologies and architecture
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation
- Experience with key controls pertaining to IT infrastructure management
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Ability to resolve and work through escalated and complex customer issues
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- 3+ years of Agile experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven Technical Expertise with automation with one or more of the following:
- Software Development and Artificial Intelligence Operations: Java, .NET, C#, C/C++, Angular, R, Scala
- OS and Platform – Linux, Windows, VMWare, Azure, PCF, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenShift, Lamda, EMR
- CI/CD and Automation: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Gitlab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Apigee
- Observability and AIOPS: AppDynamics, ELK, Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana, Kafka, DataDog, Prometheus, CloudWatch, Jaeger, Zipkin, Kinesis, Apache Airflow
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- AIOPS – BigPanda, Moogsoft, Robotic Process Automation, UIpath, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Frameworks
- Operations Tools: ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Symphony/Slack, Remedy, IBM Netcool
- Data/Data Structures: Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark
- Testing: Gremlin, Chaos Monkey, Selenium, Jmeter, Blazemeter, Performance Center, Quality Center
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Unix\Linux experience and/or Windows server administration experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of operations performance management metrics development.
- Ability to work on call as assigned
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-Clive: 13733 University Ave - Clive, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NY-New York: 100 Park Ave - New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
NC-Raleigh: 150 Fayetteville St - Raleigh, NC
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
TX-Irving: 6051/6061 N State Hwy 161 - Irving, TX
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.