|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
Cardinal Health EIT has identified “Intelligent Automation” as a key strategic initiative, and is investing in a broader enterprise-wide transformational program (AAA) to align action against the company’s vision and objectives. We are seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to join a newly formed, Digital intelligent Automation team. The team intends to be fully agile, building various automation applications within the enterprise such as Chatbots, Voicebots, RPA, ML solutions, etc. High-level team responsibility will include:
- Process Analysis / Opportunity Assessment and create Roadmap for execution
- Build Opportunity Pipeline & Manage Opportunity Lifecycle
- Idea Incubation, Design Thinking, Conducting POCs / POVs
- Planning and delivery execution of enterprise-grade intelligent automation and ML based solutions
- Enabling Automation Capabilities for enterprise-wide reuse (Playbooks, Reference Architecture,, Products, BotStore, etc.)
- Developing and fostering a culture of “Create”, “Consult”, and “Cultivate”
- User Experience at the core of development
- Ensure right levels of Logging/ monitoring/ alerting in solutions to help operations
- Ability to explore, evangelize, and influence automation solutions with business, architecture, dev/sec/ops and other IT units.
- Ability to influence and sell vision and ideas to associates at all levels across the enterprise.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and governance
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of latest technologies and trends specific to Automation and AI
- Ability to quickly develop prototypes and propose solution design with pros and cons analysis
- Proven experience in managing the design, development, and implementation of scalable software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Desire and ability to collaborate with Technical, Architecture and Information Security teams.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, automate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Ability to integrate innovative technology solutions into business processes and LOB systems (such as SAP)
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle development and clear understanding of automation platform technologies.
- Good understanding of the NLP platforms such as Google Dialogflow, IBM Watson, etc.
- Understanding of AI such as language modelling, intent recognition, and entity extraction and their solutions
- Passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production
- Experience in Cloud native (GCP preferred) application development experience
- Experience in monitoring and alerting tools such as stack driver, new relic
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Self-Driven - actively looks for ways to contribute
- Embraced and contributed to a DevOps environment and have familiarity with build and deployment tools
- Define tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Passion and drive to manage the day-to-day activities of the team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed.
- “Can do” attitude and capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Foster collaborative partnerships across functional organizations to influence and facilitate work among cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in Intelligent Automation Technologies (RPA, ChatBots, AI, ML) preferred
- Overall 8+ years of industry experience preferred
- End to end solution design experience is a must
- Experience in integrating with LOB systems (such as SAP) is a big plus
- Experience with micro services and REST APIs is a plus
- Expert in Agile development & Dev Ops techniques
- Proven experience in Large software projects execution
- Able to co-locate with the development team or business partners/SME’s
- Travel may be required (domestic) once or twice per month.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.