|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
Ultra Labs is seeking a talented, highly motivated Senior Machine Learning Engineer to solve our most challenging AI/ML R&D problems. The ideal candidate has experience across the AI/ML deployment pipeline, from experimentation, prototyping, testing, validation, verification, scaling, and operational deployment; and has excellent written, oral, teamwork, and collaboration skills. The candidate will work with team members across multiple internal organizations and customers to develop explainable multi-domain data-driven solutions.
- Lead project teams and deliver across entire machine learning value chain, from domain application analysis, concept, architecture, experimentation, prototyping, and production deployment.
- Mentor junior team members to develop their technical and problem-solving skills.
- Learn new application & mission domains; apply creativity to develop analytical approach and execute experimentation leading to novel prototype proof-of-concept capabilities.
- Build and deploy full-stack AI/ML solutions using modern technologies (e.g. TensorFlow, Pytorch, TimyML, Pandas, Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Apache Storm, ggplot, etc)
- Apply diverse analytical approach to customer challenges (e.g. data mining, statistical modeling, predictive analytics, optimization, risk analysis, data visualization, etc)
- Build data collection plans, test scenarios in mission environments to enable machine learning experimentation.
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external partner teams to advance AI/ML application development and deployment to production.
- Apply agile methodologies to accelerate delivery by identifying and removing process barriers through continuous collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Write and illustrate technical whitepapers/proposals to explain mission technical approach and system performance, for internal and customer review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics/Statistics or related STEM field.
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- Proven ability to lead project teams from domain application analysis, concept, architecture, experimentation, to production deployment.
- 4+ years of relevant applied experience delivering across the entire artificial intelligence value chain, from domain application analysis, concept, architecture, experimentation, prototyping, and production deployment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Deep understanding and diverse analytical experience with data mining, statistical modeling, predictive analytics, optimization, risk analysis, and data visualization.
- Experience writing and illustrating technical whitepapers/proposals to explain mission technical approach and system performance, for internal and customer review.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers’ mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world’s long-term military programmes. We employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3 (Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We use both research and development, to provide innovative, mission specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer’s most complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website: https://www.ultra.group/
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]