|Date Posted||March 25, 2021|
Our client is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their team as they build our a state of the art technology infrastructure focused on building scalable machine learning models.
This is a full-time/direct hire/permanent placement opportunity. The right candidate will be local to Columbus, Ohio. Our client is unable to sponsor or transfer sponsorship and cannot work with C2C at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and apply the latest innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and related technologies.
- Lead and support research and development efforts to explore the applicability of emerging machine learning and artificial intelligence methods to address client challenges and identify and prioritize emerging methods and challenges for original research or proof of concepts.
- Lead and support efforts to identify, shape, capture, and deliver data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence contracts for clients.
- Work with clients to build analytic strategies, technology roadmaps, implementation plans, and research initiatives
- Help identify, recruit, lead, and develop a world-class team of data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, and artificial intelligence specialists.
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, Natural Language Processing,etc.) and algorithms for addressing a variety of problems
- 5+ years of experience with leading or managing delivery teams, projects, development efforts, research efforts, or similar
- 3+ years of experience with programming, including in machine learning frameworks (TensorFLow, PyTorch), python, Spark
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL
- Experience with business development, client or customer relationship management, proposal development, or similar, including grant application
- Experience with developing effective delivery or research teams, including recruiting, hiring, mentoring, coaching, and managing team members
- Ability to effectively communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences, including presenting to senior executives, industry conferences, technical seminars, meet-ups, or similar
- BA or BS degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, CS, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Research
- Ability to work in the US indefinitely without sponsorship
- MS degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field preferred; PhD degree a plus