|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
The role will be accountable for managing the Business Intelligence Development team of three direct reports. The team is responsible for identifying stakeholder reporting and analytics requirements and developing ongoing solutions for operational risk reporting and analytics needs. This is a hands-on technical development role for an experienced senior manager looking for the opportunity to prove themselves and advance their career. The BI Dev Operations Senior Manager will report to the Operational Risk Senior Director.
The expectation is that the successful candidate will have significant development experience with business intelligence and reporting technologies. The BI Dev Operations Senior Manager will use their knowledge and experience to challenge, mentor, and train team members. The successful candidate will provide thought leadership, challenge technical assumptions, and lead by example while working alongside direct reports. The BI Dev Operations Senior Manager will work with Operational Risk stakeholders across the organization to provide consistent and insightful risk related information.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Hands-on senior management of technical development activities of Business Intelligence Development team of 3 direct reports
- Management responsibilities include ongoing report maintenance, developing new reports, and implementing new reporting technology
- Team management experience, including setting and evaluating annual objectives
- Project management training and experience
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse group of stakeholders
- Capacity to motivate and inspire action through interpersonal skills
- BI and reporting development project lifecycle and process development and execution.
- Requirements elicitation and translation into technical solution experience
- Waterfall and agile SDLC process experience
- Understanding of and ability to develop and execute full end-to-end testing
- Strong focus on QA processes
- Provide significant development experience with business intelligence and reporting technologies like Alteryx, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power Bi, and other tools.
- Use knowledge and experience to challenge, mentor, and train team members.
- Provide thought leadership, challenge technical assumptions, and lead by example while working alongside a small team of direct reports
- Demonstrate aptitude for Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Master's Degree preferred), plus 10+ years related experience and 2+ years management experience.
- Extensive development experience with tools like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, etc.
- MS SQL Server database training and experience with complex SQL statement development
- Ability to understand and develop connectivity points between disparate datasets
- Test plan development and execution experience
- Involvement with the design and production of reports, data management, and analytics
- Data analytics and data visualization tools evaluation and implementation
- Data mining and data cleansing techniques
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics training and experience
- Ability to utilize historical data to facilitate strategic decisions
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving ability
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Extensive hands on practical development experience across a variety of reporting and analytical toolsets
- Desire to coach, train, challenge, and mentor team members
- Ability to ask hard questions and challenge technical assumptions
- Intellectual curiosity and position flexibility
- Ability elicit detailed requirements
- Capability to use data to formulate actionable decisions and solve business problems
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.