|Date Posted||March 27, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings, and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Science team within the Artificial Intelligence Model Development Center of Excellence (AI MD CoE) team is a data science team responsible for developing and deploying NLP, machine learning (ML), and AI solutions for the enterprise. They work on key strategic Enterprise initiatives such as customer experience improvement, risk management and compliance, business operational excellence, and team member experience. The team is looking for an experienced analytics professional to add to its NLP conversational AI (chatbot) model development team.
The Quantitative Analytics Specialist 3 will research NLP applications to compliance solutions and related advancement across industry and academia involving very low base rate models; quickly test and experiment with ideas and existing open source materials; and think outside the box to uncover new ways to analyze unstructured data in conjunction with analytical tools to answer complicated business questions. As part of the model development team, you will be responsible for delivering solutions that meet business needs as well as any efforts related to model documentation and reviews to ensure the modeling processes and procedures meet corporate model risk policies and requirements.
As part of the NLP data science team focusing on Compliance related AI models across the enterprise, you will work within the team to follow and develop solutions according to our analytic process:
- Partner with LOB business executives to frame the problem and define/identify business objectives
- Identify/assess data sources
- Research, and quickly experiment and implement working prototypes for testing new ideas
- Design, develop, and deploy AI/ML/deep learning models using state of the art NLP and ML techniques available in the open stack and/or vendor solutions
- Provide data visualization
- Communicate results
- Model development document and monitoring processes
- Drive continuous process improvement, and increase the efficiency and quality of AI project deliveries
- Adhere to corporate model risk policy and ensure compliance with model risk management policies
- Work with other data science teams to identify, gather, retain, and publicize modeling artifacts required for approved and repeatable processes
- Contribute to NLP data science teams’ group effort to stay concurrent with the cutting edge and bleeding edge of NLP/ML/DL algorithms, methodologies in the open source community, and vendor solutions.
- Work with AI technology and production teams to operationalize models
- May be called upon to review vendor models and solutions and/or models developed outside of EADS
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- 2+ years of development experience with languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or R
- Knowledge and understanding of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Linear Regression, Models (Tensor Flow)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) disciplines such as Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) industry trends and business applications
- 2 + years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.