|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo’s Corporate Model Risk (CMoR) organization is seeking a highly qualified person to be the manager of Decision Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) Validation Team. As an integral part of the DSAI Validation within Markets Model Validation, this individual will lead validation activities for models used for marketing, credit scoring, financial crimes detection or natural language classification.
This highly visible position will interact with various key model stakeholders (such as Model Development Center of Excellence, Model Monitoring teams, internal audit and regulators) and therefore requires someone with the ability to develop and maintain strong strategic partnerships. The ability to communicate with different audiences (technical staff, senior management, regulators) both verbally and in writing is critical. The team operates in a fast paced environment and the ability to multi-task and meet strict timelines is critical.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Manage a team of quantitative analysts with responsibilities in: project management, team development, resource planning, and quality controls.
• Stakeholder management: engage both internal (developers, risk managers, auditors) and external (regulators) stakeholders to communicate validation process, standards, outcome, and effective challenges from model validation.
• Support model library & infrastructure development: support the development of a coherent and effective model libraries to support efficient and repeatable validation activities.
• Perform model validations for models for marketing, credit scoring, financial crimes detection or natural language classification.
• Identify and work to reduce model risk according to Bank’s model risk policies and standards.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- 4+ years of experience in regulatory Model Risk requirements (SR 11-7)
- 6+ years of programming skills experience utilizing one or more of the following: Matlab, Python, or R
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of experiences in financial institutions with a strong background in either model development or model validation
- A Ph.D. /M.S. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematical Finance/Economics or Computer Science
- Experience in statistical and machine learning model development.
- Knowledge in regulatory Model Risk requirements (SR 11-7)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of modeling approaches for credit scoring and natural language processing
- Capability to multi-task, finish work within strict timelines, and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation and communicate to non-technical audience.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following: Matlab, Python, or R.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.