|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. The AI Lab focuses on implementing solutions that impact efficiency and effectiveness of our technology functions. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery are key areas to drive value and continue to be recognized as the leading professional services firm. AI Lab is focused on identifying and prioritizing emerging technologies to get the most out of our investments.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Augmented Assurance team is responsible for augmented end-to-end audit with integration of structured and unstructured data into the Data and AI platforms with a focus on revenue & receivables.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
2 year(s) , or a fresh PhD
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Electrical Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Statistics, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Additional Educational Preferences:
Masters degree or equivalent or PhD or equivalent such as DBA, JD; specialization or experience in machine learning, machine reasoning, natural language processing, or data mining unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding machine learning/deep learning, knowledge representation and reasoning, natural language understanding and natural language generation and computer vision in corporate or academic research environments;
- Developing AI algorithms and solutions;
- Demonstrating proven programming skills (especially python) to enable rapid prototyping and implementation of solutions;
- Demonstrating thorough knowledge of accounting and auditing and ability to understand business context and integrate artificial intelligence and advanced analytics levers for solutions;
- Demonstrating ability to articulate and clearly communicate the solution scope, timeline and benefits with clients;
- Demonstrating experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs as well as other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases;
- Demonstrating ability to develop strong working relationships with all relevant parties, particularly at the senior management level;
- Demonstrating proven academic credentials with publications in journals and conferences;
- Demonstrating ability to work in a global collaborative team environment and proficient verbal and written English communication skills;
- Demonstrating thorough understanding of Artificial Intelligence including natural language generation, knowledge representation and reasoning, and deep learning;
- Understanding Cloud based open source and solution deployment: docker container, kubernetes, Postgres, neo4j, mongodb, Drools and DevOps methodology;
- Understanding UI/UX frameworks such as Django, Flask, or equivalent; and,
- Understanding of Accounting & Auditing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.