|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
Machine Learning Engineer
Do you have experience in engineering and Machine Learning solutions working with large data sets in a networking environment? Leading Path Consulting is searching for a dedicated and passionate Machine Learning Engineer who understands data science techniques, theories, and models. We are looking for a mid-level engineer, and the ideal candidate should have experience working as a technical lead with exposure to product engineers.
Applicants should have strong programming and software development skills, and be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented and engineering environment. Familiarity with Python, or Java and 1-2 years on a Machine Learning based project is required. The position can be located in the preferred locations of Reston, VA or Philadelphia, PA.
· Master’s in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
· 5-7 years of total experience in engineering and/or data science.
· 1-2 years' experience working on a Machine Learning based project.
· Experience working with Java and Python
· Experience working with large amounts of data in a high throughput environment and perform network latency analysis.
· A solid understanding of both probability and statistics
· A firm understanding of mathematics (including the role of algorithm theory in machine learning and complex algorithms that are needed to help machines learn and communicate)
· Experience working with machine learning techniques such as clustering, and decision tree learning.
· Experience with unsupervised projects is preferred, but not mandatory.
· Strong analytical skills
· Extensive knowledge of machine learning evaluation metrics and best practices
· Will work as a member in the product engineering group environment.
· Develop machine learning models.
· Build Proof of Concept for future solutions.
· Collaborate with data engineers to develop data and model pipelines.
· Better understand company needs and devise possible solutions by collaborating with product management and engineering departments.
· Build processes and tools to help monitor and analyze performance and data accuracy.
· Apply machine learning and data science techniques and design distributed systems.
· Improve existing machine learning models.
· Produce project outcomes and isolate issues.
· Implement machine learning algorithms and libraries.
· Communicate complex processes to business leaders.
· Analyze large and complex data sets to derive valuable insights.
· Research and implement best practices to enhance existing machine learning infrastructure.
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.