|Date Posted||February 20, 2020|
Title: Lead Business Intelligence Developer
Locations: Columbus, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Buffalo NY.
Type: Perm Placement
The Lead Business Intelligence Developer will work independently and provide thought leadership around analytics, data governance, visualizations, designing and implementing algorithms using artificial intelligence/machine learning. They constantly peruse the technology landscape to ensure that the analytical technologies are suitable for purpose and efficiently deployed. They may lead BI technology initiatives, model new datasets and develop new analytics tools for our stakeholders. While they may use Microsoft technologies like SQL Server SSRS or Power BI, they will also consider other technologies with the goal of deriving value from our data assets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed to perform the essential duty.
Computer Science, Information Technology (Software Development track) or Engineering with a concentration in data management, analytics, programming or related AND at least10 years relevant work experience
Computer Science, Information Technology (Software Development track) or Engineering with a concentration in programming AND 8 years equivalent work experience
At least 6 years BI/Analytics development experience (professional or classwork) using Microsoft technology stack (e.g. .NET, C#, SQL Server) or equivalent technologies and toolset e.g. Java, Python, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
At least 2 years Writing SQL statements for relational database management systems like SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
Licenses and Certifications:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
Data Management or Analytics Development track
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA)
Data Management or Analytics Development track
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency Knowledge of object oriented programming using C#, Java or similar contemporary programming languages
• Extensive Knowledge of relational data model
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS (tabular model) and equivalent technologies available from other vendors
• Extensive ability to write SQL statements for relational database management systems like SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL and using contemporary NOSQL databases like Mongo or Cassandra
• Extensive ability to work with large datasets in building pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets using traditional data integration technologies using APIs, SQL Server SSIS, etc.
• Extensive ability to work with application development and SQL on Hadoop
• Extensive skill in working with and optimizing existing applications and helping to move them in production
• Extensive skill in working with source code repositories like Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS), GitHub, SVN or other equivalent tools Experienced in branching, merging, release management, versioning, etc;
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or any other cloud ecosystem.
• Extensive skill in incorporating best practices on information security into development efforts;
• Extensive ability to work within a team environment and possessing communication skills necessary to function with a team
• Extensive ability to monitor, support, and trouble-shoot applications/systems running on Windows servers and Microsoft SQL servers
• Extensive knowledge of development solutions adhering to software development lifecycle and technology standards
• Extensive ability to work in agile environments. Exposure to Scrum framework
• Extensive knowledge of message queuing technologies such as Kafka, Azure Service Bus, and stream data integration technologies or stream analytics technologies such as Apache Kafka KSQL, Spark Streaming and others
• Extensive skill in creating ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or other equivalent technologies
• Extensive skill in developing data warehouses and data marts.
• Extensive skill in creating dashboards and reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
• Ensure compliance with Northwest policies, procedures, and Federal/State regulations
• Navigate Microsoft Office Software, computer applications, and software specific to the Information Systems department in order to maximized technology tools and gain efficiency
• Design simple integrations and implements data integration solutions designed by an integration architect ensuring that solution meets defined requirements using C#, SQL or other equivalent programming languages
• Ensure that the solution follows data integration best practices
• Determine how to import and transform the data to fit approved data architectures
• Work with DBAs and data administrators to determine how to meet service level agreements. May assist in defining SLAs.
• Design simple rules and implement all rules for cleansing the data in adherence with data quality policies
• Help with the selection of data integration tools and seeks ways to improve services through the use of tools.
• Follow PMO governance processes to initiate, execute, and close a project on behalf of a customer/sponsor
• Maintain awareness of current technology stacks and recommends developments that can have positive impact on the enterprise to management
• Design and develop ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server and other languages/tools
• Write technical specifications for data integrations, applications, systems and solutions
• Create and maintain architecture diagrams, design diagrams and data flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio or other equivalent tools
• Work with internal customers to assess business needs and work with a team to design solutions
• Support and provide maintenance programming for applications using approved technologies
• Maintain expertise in current technology stacks and best practices to recommend changes that can have positive impact on the enterprise
• Develop, implement, and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Lead requirements gathering, analysis and application design for meduim and large projects
• Establish best practice to embed information security and regulatory requirements in SDLC
• Works with team to complete project requests
• Troubleshoot and resolve daily issues with the perspective of minimizing incidents and developing supporting documentation that may be used by Tier 1 support teams
• Accept mentorship from senior developers and may mentor Application Developer I and II
• Develop and execute plans to install new software and custom changes following Change Management disciplines
• Work as part of a team
• •Work with onsite equipment
Participate in other projects on request.