|Date Posted||March 19, 2020|
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Insurance industry is becoming more technologically advanced. Coupled with ever changing consumer trends, innovating new ways to show differentiating value has become essential component of successful enterprises. Our Business Intelligence and Analytics Innovation team is the entry point for evaluating new technologies, use cases and assess the impact or opportunity on business capabilities.
As part of this team, we are looking to hire a technologist dedicated to support the Business Intelligence and Analytics Innovation portfolio with a focus on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions. If you're passionate about combining your talents with ours to tame this frontier, we'd like to hear from you. We are looking for someone who shares our passion about delivering machine learning at scale and thrives in the dynamic environment that encourages problem solving. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies to develop best in class innovative solutions to solve business problems. This role provides an immense opportunity for growth and expanding knowledge in the field data science and data engineering.
Successful candidates will be required to perform hands on development and maintenance of Artificial Intelligence data assets using innovative concepts powered by AI and emerging tech, mature text mining capabilities, extract patterns and features to develop predictors and partner closely with Travelers Enterprise to evaluate AI platforms for Business Insurance use cases.
They will be expected to actively contribute to the development of data preprocessing, modeling pipelines to support embedded analytic solutions.
Strong foundational hands-on expertise in data science and AI domains such as deep learning, computer vision, machine learning and natural language processing is expected. Exceptional command over scientific Python toolkit is essential. Previous experience of deploying and maintaining machine learning models in production is desired. Proven experience using emerging cloud technologies/services and industry leading Business Intelligence tools for production class solution is essential. Applying foundational data science/Machine Learning techniques to support disruption analysis and discovery analytics is a required skill for this highly technical role.
- Strong foundational knowledge in SQL, NoSQL, Apache-Spark. Be able to perform Data Acquisition, Preparation some transformation and exploratory data analysis.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability. Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Uses programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines both on-prem and cloud to organize and standardize data and draw insights for discovery analytics.
- Cloud computing service provisioning Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform. Hands-on experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker, and familiarity with micro services
- Expert level Python programming
- Practicing machine learning - you've developed and deployed your own models.
- Familiarity with end to end machine learning (ML) cloud analytic platforms such as SageMaker.
- Experience with deep learning libraries and frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch etc.).
- Experience developing and productizing real-world AI/ML applications such as prediction, personalization, recommendation, content understanding and NLP.
- Amazon Lambda function experience.
- Familiarity to API gateways (AWS API Gateway or Mule API Gateway).
- Diverse Operating Systems system administration (Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Able to communicate in business terms and describe data capabilities and concepts in ways that the business can understand. Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex issues.
- Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action.
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available resources.
- Team Orientation Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.