|Location||Glen Allen, VA|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
AI/ML/NLP Platform Infrastructure Engineer
Develops specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design, and test solutions. Designs complex system upgrades. Contributes to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements. Develops tools and frameworks to provision infrastructure and manage access controls. Designs and develop solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations. Designs, codes, tests, debug and document programs using Agile development practices. Takes on new infrastructure requirements and developing infrastructure code. Develops documentation for requirements, operational policies, and procedures, as well as documentation to deploy monitoring tools to the data center and application operations teams. Drives solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR), enable High Availability and Disaster Recovery. Pro-actively identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains high service levels for the IT community. Directs the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement. Internal business partners such as
product management, technical leads, systems operations, and service and support. Contributes to the vision and high-level technical concepts spanning technology and business. Champions and supports other team members by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and helping to mentor and grow team members.
Wells Fargo's emphasis on technology has never been greater. This is an exciting opportunity for an AI/ML/NLP Platform Infrastructure Engineer to deliver fast-paced, cutting-edge work within Digital Technology & Innovation (DTI), Platform Services Group (PSG) organization. This group plays an important foundational role enabling business & technology transformation and manages critical Innovation platform functions. As a Platform Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for full end-to-end platform initiatives & operational management for a portfolio of applications. You will lead the transformation of new bank functions while managing run the bank functions in terms of resiliency, automation, support & maturity of application plus infrastructure stack.
This Platform Infrastructure Engineer role provides Third Level (3L) technical expertise to support the Artificial Intelligence Enterprise Solutions business domain platform applications. The Platform Team delivers insightful and personalized experiences for customers and team members, drives greater operational efficiency, while reducing risk and expenses and driving revenue expansion. The Platform Infrastructure Engineer will provide platform and support services to allow our users to optimize how work is done through the leveraging the capabilities of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors. The PSG 3L Platform Team has knowledge of the environments, software, infrastructure, function, performance, availability, capacity and data. We need a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and continued availability of assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
The goal of our platforms is to provide high-quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way. The incumbent will lead matrixed teams of engineers and support personnel in the Wells Fargo Platform and Application support team partnering with development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and with other technology centers of excellence. Core responsibilities include project deliverables, ensuring availability of our portfolio of applications, handling incident & problem management, issue resolution & communication, tracking various changes across the portfolio, operational health & new solutions to improve platform/application stability, quality & supportability along with overall operational and technology risk management as per the enterprise guidelines.
- Lead small to medium cross-organizational transformational efforts in Platform space
- Deliver results in less defined & constantly changing environments
- Communicate with broad and diverse audience, including technology and business leaders; ability to simplify complex messages for consumption
- As an application support specialist position is responsible for leading support functions and driving the execution and maturity of multiple application support services including incident triage, root cause analysis, change evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, and risk & vulnerability management. Works closely with development and infrastructure partners like middleware, NAS, database, network, etc.
- Bring in engineering, operational management and sustainment for horizontal systems in various domains like ECM, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Innovation (Blockchain, Cloud etc.) & Enterprise Services/APIs.
- Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive towards automation, touch less operational sustainment as a design/architecture construct working with CIO technology partners/managers
- Operational sustainment and reduce risks in the eco-system by aggressively pursuing safety and soundness type of actions not limited to vulnerability, patching, end of life and resiliency
- Hands on engagement on all Production, DevOps, BCP & UAT support activities for the platform and applications
- Drive operational management via EACO/Incident response, communication and tracking along with root cause identification and closure.
- Manage and coordinate Production change requests and release management.
- Provides operational continuity through the development, management, measurement, analysis and reporting of key service-level metrics as required by management
- Manages continuous services improvements and drives innovation to ensure SLAs, KPIs and OLAs for the critical business processes, applications and partner interfaces
- Regular presentation of Production performance and incident, root cause and preventative actions, and trend analysis to technical and business Management teams.
- Maintain and update all Production related documentation (e.g. game plans, run books, procedures, processes).
- Ensure effective Production systems monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance.
- Provides general oversight and direction to virtual teams.
The team member selected for this role will be based in Raleigh NC, Des Moines IA, Glen Allen, VA . Candidates should reside in and/or around this target location or be able to commute to and/or relocate to the designated target area at their own expense(s). Relocation expenses will not be provided.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience
- 5+ years of systems programming experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- 3 + years of Unix or Linux administration experience
- 3 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technologies related to infrastructure engineering
- Ability to identify, report, and solution problems in new and existing software in a team environment
- Ability to identify and correct system capacity issues
- Ability to help remediate tough technical support issues
- In-depth technical solution knowledge, including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and problem solving
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Ability to interact with a diverse team
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure: data center, network, storage, and compute domains
- Knowledge and understanding of technology installation: configuring and troubleshooting middleware on servers
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- IT Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle
- 3+ years of NAS experience
- 3+ years of application production support experience
- Production support experience in a financial services company
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- 2 + years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
- Knowledge and understanding of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Linear Regression, Models (Tensor Flow)
- 3 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions
- Experience Hadoop ecosystem tools relevant for real-time and batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning using tools such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Hive or Apache Storm
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to lead build out and production support of AI/ML/NLP model design, development, exploration, training, validation and production scoring execution function on an horizontal open-source and vendor platforms.
- Experience or familiarity with Oracle SQL and with NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch or Solr.
- Experience in Fintech innovations space across various domains like Enterprise Content Management, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Automation, Cloud etc.
- Troubleshooting experience with J2EE application stacks including Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, F5, REST, Oracle, Linux
- Troubleshooting interconnections, end to end tracing of transactions
- Debugging object oriented code, error log analysis
- Understanding of system performance and how load drives utilization
- SQL query experience, Performance monitoring tools experience
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools & their application (AppDynamics, Geneos, Splunk, NetCool etc.)
- Awareness & knowledge of BAR tools (Jenkins, uDeploy etc.)
- Awareness & knowledge of CI/CD concepts & tools
- Experience in leveraging automation to making applications more resilient/available, ongoing operations more intelligent, self-healing and optimized.
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies.
- Ability to connect the dots across various technology domains for a complex ecosystem (application stack, infrastructure stack, Network, NAS, DB, LDAP & Integrated partner systems), across upstream architecture/design and operational considerations to help with solutions, troubleshoot issues and guide teams.
- Experience in DevOps, IT Service Management/ITIL domain, ITSM Tools (ServiceNow, Remedy)
- Ability to multi-task between various productions issues, root cause analysis, project deliverables
- Strong knowledge & attitude for usage of collaborative tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint to drive collaborative dialogue across cross functional highly distributed virtual teams. Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery, Application Resiliency/Highly Available Architecture, Site Resiliency
- 1+ years of Docker and/or Docker Container experience
- 1+ years of Ansible or Puppet experience
- Experience with design, deployment, management or support of GPU enabled architectures
- Experience with Middleware Tools such as Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, Nginx
- Experience supporting Digital Reasoning Conduct Surveillance Product
- 2+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
NC-Raleigh: 150 Fayetteville St - Raleigh, NC
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr - Glen Allen, VA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.