|Date Posted||January 6, 2021|
Company is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
Company is hiring a Head of Field Services reporting to the VP of Operations to focus on the growth and scale of the customer service team. We are looking to hire a seasoned customer service leader to strategically focus on and build systems to provide AMP customers with world-class service.
As our Head of Field Services, you will work to:
- The Head of Field Services is responsible for developing and managing the overall service delivery strategy and operations.
- Develop an organizational structure and team to deliver high value and implementation services and solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Work closely with sales, sales engineering, production and implementation to ensure service requirements and expectations are met.
- Develop and implement appropriate metrics to track performance and illustrate areas of growth and opportunity.
- Develop and refine solution offerings, requirements definition and estimation process, and strategies for effective pre-sales engagement achieving sales & revenue targets, corporate goals and objectives with regards to warranty programs.
- Facilitate an on-going and consistent review of implementation activities and develop a collaborative process with the Channel, Product Management, and Application Development to ensure product and service enhancements based upon customer feedback and experience implementing the company’s solutions.
- Define and implement a customer success strategy that results in repeat and referral customers.
- Manage the field service and remote software service team members.
- Manage the service team’s on-call schedule.
- Arrange the service team’s travel to sites to deal with support issues.
- When significant performance or reliability issues arise, manage the AMP response to the issue through resolution.
- Be accountable for the results of the customer success strategy, working to maintain client satisfaction and seek out areas where the product experience can be improved.
- Maintain performance metrics for robots deployed in the field, for example uptime, pick success rate, frequency of maintenance tasks required and performed, etc. Work with engineering team to identify strategies to automate performance metric collection.
- Maintain metrics on robot life-cycle costs, including wear part cost and frequency of replacement to aid AMP’s OpEx financial modeling and planning.
- Develop and maintain strong, long lasting relationships with AMP Clients. Regular dialogue with Clients to quickly find issues they are experiencing, as well as occasionally traveling to their sites to better understand challenges and find solutions.
- Be our clients advocate within AMP and provide regular updates to the AMP management team.
- Regularly communicate with the engineering team to prioritize issues and requested features.
- Work with the customer to proactively schedule updates, maintenance visits, and other needed support.
- As a rapidly growing start-up, other needs may arise from time to time that are not specifically highlighted in this job description. The Head of Field Services shall be flexible with respect to duties, demonstrate initiative in identifying and solving company needs, and always act to enhance the value and growth opportunities of the company.
- Manages the field service and remote software service team members.
- Proven experience managing remote resources and large global teams.
The successful candidate will have:
- 10 years of progressive managerial experience in system integration or enterprise software professional services.
- Ability to collaborate closely with a cross-functional teams.
- Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling.
- Experience managing complex projects, clients, partners, and organizations.
- Experience and proven track record of developing strategy and organizational design to support.
- Proven track record of establishing strong, executive level customer relationships.
- Business acumen and financial (P&L) skills/metrics driven.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing a team who is maintaining equipment in the field.
- MBA or Masters desired.
- Strong collaborator with successful track record of working in a heavily matrix organizational structure.
- Tool Requirements - N/A.
- BA/BS degree.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.