|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
The Head of Data will ensure Company 's data applications and systems are well equipped to scale with the company 's hyper growth and help us deliver on our mission. This role will lead a growing team and be responsible for meeting critical deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Own Company technology strategy through the iteration of a data, machine learning and artificial intelligence to guide decision making.
- Drive HakerU towards a technical architecture where data, machine learning and artificial intelligence is at the core of everything we provide to our customers.
- Manage a world-class international team of data engineers, business analysts, data analysts, system administrators & project managers in a 100% remote environment.
- Interpret and analyze data problems and guarantee data quality and integrity
- Manage department budget to align with company goals.
- Partner with the Engineering, Product and Strategic Initiatives on prioritization, resource allocation and technology portfolio governance.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Work with stakeholders to create nuanced, informative data reports that help individuals, departments, leadership, and the company as a whole make more informed decisions.
- Ensure business requirements are appropriately scoped and translated into system features for stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Oversee or help oversee the implementation and sunset of various information systems including SaaS 's and proprietary software and systems.
- Consolidate data sources and work with stakeholders to support well-designed processes through information system solutions.
- Recruit, Hire & Facilitate the professional development of the Data team members through constructive feedback and mentoring.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years of managerial experience in data solutions implementation and systems management.
- 5+ years of experience working with data or managing data scientists/analysts
- Experience training machine learning models
- Experience implementing artificial intelligence into unique product offerings
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, SQL, PHP/Laravel Framework
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Experience navigating unstructured and big data
- Understanding of Enterprise Data Modeling & Metadata Management
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of logical and physical data models.
- Ability to readily adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with prior experience at a high-growth start-up a plus
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Bachelor 's degree in computer science, information systems,mathematics, data science, computer engineering or equivalent working experience is required. Masters degree preferred.