|Date Posted||March 27, 2020|
Global Analytics Expert & Data Scientist - Ethics & Compliance.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.
Join us as a Global Analytics Expert & Data Scientist - Ethics & Compliance. in our Greater Boston area, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Global Analytics Expert & Data Scientist - Ethics & Compliance working on the
Global Ethics and Compliance team,
And a typical day will include:
- Data, Analytics and Data Science strategy definition and implementation
- Detailed scale-up and delivery execution road-map for data, analytics and data science/AI:
- Reviews analytics and data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with IT and E&C business stakeholders. Advises on the respective prioritization for short and medium focus.
- Analytics and data science/AI capabilities:
- Review and establish internal and external analytics and data science/AI (“Citizen Data Scientists”) capabilities within E&C. Ensures E&C analytics and data science capabilities are sufficient to defined data scientist profile. Executes and drives the analytics and data science training for E&C in collaboration with IT and other parties.
- Translation of E&C business needs into Analytics/Data Science language to build the next generation analytics engine and services to make Takeda E&C best in class.
- Analytics and data science initiatives portfolio by developing new use cases for E&C to drive the digital footprint
- E&C contact person for E&C analytics and (citizen) data scientist community
- E&C functional and cross-functional inter-dependencies for analytics and data science
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning algorithms, respective programming knowledge
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute initiatives for data, analytics, data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- High level project management skills, especially in agile methodologies
- A firm grasp of industry, scientific and digital, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science trends and market conditions, to develop solutions enhance compliance and quality of life for patients
- Role requires partnership interface with all E&C stakeholder providing the analytics and data science link towards IT and other parties
- Provide best in class E&C analytics and data science for the E&C Business Unit, establishes analytics and data science talent and elevate organizational performance
- Responsible for day to day operation of the Global E&C analytics and data science function, covering all levels and technologies for E&C
- Clear partnership with data owners is required to ensure alignment for analytics and data science processes and to ensure high quality of data
- Translate data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning trends and technology into execution
- Ability to interface with international stakeholders and to connect internal and external data analytics experts of both academia and industries
- Handling of change management complexity
- Capabilities to translate business needs into data analytics concepts and the other way
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute initiatives
- Brings a high energy and passionate outlook to the role and has strong sense of ownership
Education / Experience:
- University degree in science/business:
Advanced degree is a plus (Master/MBA and/or PhD), e.g. in Engineering, Mathematics, IT or Physics with focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy, Technology and Innovation Management
- Experience in applying and executing Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, respective programming knowledge
- Deep understanding of E&C processes, requirements and different approaches are required
- Good communication skills.
Digital & Data Science Skills:
- Deep understanding of data and analytics processes
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms (e.g. regression, KNN, K-means; CNN, SVM, LSTM etc. are a plus),
- Respective programming knowledge of either MATLAB/Python/R required, further skills such as C++, SQL etc. are advantageous
- Experience in visualization tools like PowerBI or Qliksense are a plus
- Strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients build reputation and trust
- Creating the environment that inspires and enables people
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
- Willingness to travel to various internal/external Takeda meetings and events:
International travel will be required (estimated one travel per 8-10 weeks for one week each)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
• 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.