|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
Director, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (remote, U.S.)
The Director of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science will be the senior strategic and team leader for Cambia's AI and Data Science initiatives. With a broad portfolio across consumer healthcare experience, clinical operations, and operational excellence, you will advance the vision, strategy, and delivery, engaging across the organization. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in technology with a deep knowledge of data science and AI solutions, machine learning systems, software development, agile methodologies and modern development practices.
Cambia Health Solutions is dedicated to making the health care experience simpler, better and more affordable for people and their families. Cambia has incubated numerous health tech companies, invests externally through its venture arm, Echo Health, sponsors the Cambia Grove healthcare innovation center, and serves 3.3 million members through regional health plans.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Create and execute the strategy and roadmap for operationalizing data science and AI solutions at scale.
- Provide thought leadership in technology and cultivate a AI-driven culture across the company.
- Manage and expand the current AI/ML portfolio, Member Insights & Personalization, Social Determinants of Heath, Payment Integrity, Shared Savings, Member Intelligence Platform, Claims Outlier Processing, OE Automation,
- Lead and grow a team (currently 25) to rapidly bring data science and AI prototypes to production.
- Propose solutions to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems.
- Collaborate with business sponsors and other analytic and engineering professionals to identify requirements.
- Partners with data and other tech groups to identify and resolve data, environment, or implementation issues.
- Evaluates/develops, tools, methodologies or infrastructure to resolve long-term business problems.
- Utilizes modeling software, data and system requirements, scoring process, and predictive model output integration into business systems.
- Provide thought leadership internally on the practical application of data science and AI.
- Establishes strong working relationships with internal and external customers, identifying their long-term needs.
- Demonstrated curiosity to tackle hard business problems using data and analytics to develop meaningful, practical solutions.
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques like clustering, classification, mix modeling, predictive response modeling, sales response modeling, experimental design, CART/CHAID, latent class segmentations, cross-sectional and time series analysis, discrete choice modeling, data mining, optimization techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Distributed computing tools (Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with cloud based technology stack (TensorFlow, Elastic Search, K8s, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience:
- Interacting with senior business executives.
- Providing advanced data insights in an e-commerce, financial services, internet advertising, healthcare or a related field.
- Leading full engineering stack to support and operationalize AI solutions.
- Hiring world class engineers and building high performing teams.
- Solving analytical problems using quantitative and machine learning approaches.
- Strong client-orientation when working with and for internal customers
- Collaboration in rapidly evolving environments.
The Director of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science would have a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, computer science, engineering or a related discipline with a Master's degree preferred and at least 10 years of relevant work experience in software engineering, machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence.